Are there any powerhouses this year?

caksoccer

Looking only at the scrimmages and beginning week, it doesn't seem like any team is the dominant force that there has been in the past. Are teams up to full strength yet, or is illness and basketball holding them back? Any thoughts?

And please, this is not a thread to brag about your OWN team. We have enough of those.

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I for one am happy to see more parity amongst schools this year. I believe it can be credited to the spreading popularity of competitive teams which is developing better players even in the outlying areas.

This said, competitive soccer is very expensive and Farragut has more than its share of those players. That is after all where the money is! I personally think it is amazing that teams with a handful of select players can compete effectively with Bearden and Farragut who are exclusively select players.

I think there will be some great games from a lot of teams and look forward to seeing many of them.

I think its hard to tell...so far from looking at the scrimmages and the first games its gonna be a crazy season. Big teams with big reputations have been loosing games by 1 to smaller schools and then those big schools have been beating some hard opponents. So i think at this point its really hard to tell.

I still wonder, though, if teams are up to full strength yet. I know our team has just now gotten all players from basketball, and we still have several who are too sick to play.

That said, I still don't see a "Farragut" of last season anywhere across east Tennessee. There are strong teams, but on more equal ground. It will be interesting to see if Maryville or South Doyle will back up their talk. I have heard good things about Maryville from other teams. Mostly, I have only heard South Doyle things from South Doyle players. We'll see. Good luck to both of those teams...

I'm not sure about everyone else, but I feel that Notre Dame has the potential this year to be a dominant force in every game they play. I've seen them on several occasions and I really feel that they have what it takes to make it big this year, especially with that monster in the goal.

I'm not sure about everyone else, but I feel that Notre Dame has the potential this year to be a dominant force in every game they play. I've seen them on several occasions and I really feel that they have what it takes to make it big this year, especially with that monster in the goal.

825630622[/snapback]

um no

Blur your not from Notre Dame are you, Yea, I'll bet. Notre Dame will never win state and might make a good run but you played a injury laden experimenting Farragut soccer team and and a Bearden not fully fielded who was trying al types of combo's and now your ready to claim dominance, I think not. But if you feel you have the mojo go for it and good luck you'll need it. Most teams are just now getting up to full power , some have some lingering injuries and some have players on suspension so only time will tell,