Bye, Bye Temple!

bigbobcat

this game shocked me. i was at it. the first period scared me. but i figured we would come back and win it. because thats what we always did. even against the worst of teams. but i got scared in the fourth quarter. but the last minute and a half i knew it was over and i was ready to go home.

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not crying..I'm one of the few Lake Co fans that have been pulling for you the last few months..And I was replying to a Temple fan..so as far as I'm concerned you can go play with yourself..if you know what I mean!

825621196[/snapback]

im a temple fan and i think we got shafted in the turny becouse caleb was hurt and could barley walk and the rest of our team is young and were not ready to take the reins.

The Temple game was called well...the Unaka/Peabody game officials were terrible...they called everything for Unaka. The Wayne Co/Pickett officials were terrible too, calling everything for Wayne...worst of all ignoring a dozen walks. I saw Pickett earlier and this had to be their worst game of the year too...so Wayne fans claiming it was their worst is meaningless. But, I liked the Wayne team and attitude and hope they go all the way. STOP WALKING WITH THE BALL THOUGH!!! Grace fan...all I read this year was how you'd beat Temple & Pickett...they both blew you out. I really doubt you'll be any better next year.

The one thing i have noticed is that yes Temple beat Pickett Co. and yes they beat Celina but both games were played AT Temple.  If Temple would ever travel outside of Chattanooga and come up here they would have lost both games, but thats not the way it went.  Oh well it was still a good year for them, congrats to the team on a great year and hopefully we'll see you next year!  thumb

825620493[/snapback]

There you go again.

Temple would have done just fine up in Birdstown and Celina.

At least you're showing some respect for Temple by saying congrats for a good year. Congrats to you guys too for having a good season. Hope we do see you again next year.

I want to first say Congratulations to Temple on an outstanding season. I was really hoping to see a Temple/Pickett Co. final but i guess will have to wait on that now. Unfortunately i didnt get to see the Temple game but i didnt sound like they played very well. Our boys didnt have a good game at all, i think nerves and a good Wayne Co. D really got to our boys tonight. I just want to say as a Bobcat fan i have alot of respect for Temple and what they have accomplished and hopefully you guys can come up to byrdstown next year. I know there were alot of Pickett Co. fans excited when they heard Temple lost but i had mixed emotions because first i wanted to see a Temple/Pickett final and also just because Temple lost didnt mean we were going to win and we didnt. But all trash talking aside, again congrats on a great season and good luck to Temple next season.

A big congratulations to all the teams who have played. Just the fact that these teams made it to state tells me they have a good team. I have said from the very beginning that each game can go either way -- depending upon how well (or how poorly) the team is playing at the time that their game takes place.

I am sick and tired of those who think they know who will be in the finals. Nobody really knows until the games are over tomorrow. Then we will all know -- at the same time.

I also don't think many (if any) really have knowledge of all the teams playing in any division. So saying ahead of time who will be in future games will depend on what the players (and coaches) do when it is their time for the 32 minutes of play -- and not what they have done in the regular season and previous tournament games this year!

I think what we are seeing (or in my case hearing) during this tournament is how these great players (yes, every one of them) are doing at the time they play. Anyone can have a great game and anyone can have an off game, but that does not mean that the one who has an off game is not a good player. I also think a team that has several who can take the "star" role instead of depending on one or two players to do it has a better chance because if several can take that role then the chances of having someone who is having a good game take that position! I do think that is what makes Middleton a power to contend with ... we do have many more than our 5 starters who can be that "star" or "stars" in any given game.

Sure, I want to see our Middleton Tigers bring home the gold ball ... and I think they will. But, I am NOT cocky enough that I will tell you the opposing team does not have a chance, etc. as many on here have done (just to find the team they favor go home).

Also, it does not mean that the team that beats another today would beat the same team tomorrow. It can go either way each time a game is played!