The CPA Rule

lbell615

CarolinaCrazy,

That's exactly how open enrollment works everywhere. You start 9th grade at the high school of your choosing. And you can go to any school in any county. As long as that county allows out of county students/open enrollment. After that you become subject to the transfer rules.

another problem is that private schools can say no to students wanting to enroll if their "test scores aren't high enough" or their "jumpshot or fastball isn't good enough"...public schools are forced to enroll ALL students who show up--even students behind on credits or students with handicaps who will go against the school's graduation rate (but that's a whole other story about how messed up our educational laws are) and even if it raises the school's enrollment in such a way that classification is affected...with Friendship still being Class A with a 1.8 multiplier, i wonder how many students they have turned down this year that wanted to enroll?? Maybe none. I don't know that much about them. I still don't know how Union City (pop. 10,000) can have a Class A school?? Open enrollment and they go to OC? IDK but most Class A towns have 3,000 max pop. i would think...well, that is my two cents worth haha

another problem is that private schools can say no to students wanting to enroll if their "test scores aren't high enough" or their "jumpshot or fastball isn't good enough"...public schools are forced to enroll ALL students who show up--even students behind on credits or students with handicaps who will go against the school's graduation rate (but that's a whole other story about how messed up our educational laws are) and even if it raises the school's enrollment in such a way that classification is affected...with Friendship still being Class A with a 1.8 multiplier, i wonder how many students they have turned down this year that wanted to enroll?? Maybe none. I don't know that much about them. I still don't know how Union City (pop. 10,000) can have a Class A school?? Open enrollment and they go to OC? IDK but most Class A towns have 3,000 max pop. i would think...well, that is my two cents worth haha

I'm pretty sure we're not saying no to any people. A few years ago when the economy never came back we lost around 30-40 people from the high school. I'm pretty sure our numbers aren't back yet either.

I'm pretty sure we're not saying no to any people. A few years ago when the economy never came back we lost around 30-40 people from the high school. I'm pretty sure our numbers aren't back yet either.

I'm pretty sure after the 1.8 multipier is added to FCS enrollment numbers, they are the second smallest 2A school with two more students than the smallest 2A school.

So you believe that Privates should play with Publics for State titles because of open enrollment? That makes no sense. CPA and FCS should compete for titles against each other. Open enrollment is so wide spread in the state that it has balance. What's wrong with non-public schools (that choose to not play in DII) playing in their own league? Unless their goal is to win titles that mean something and beat up on publics. Go to DII or put them in a non-public league. Non-public schools that think that playing in their own league is unfair are up to something.

If your worried about open enrollment, public recruiting and things of this nature let the publics sort that out. CPA and schools like it should be in their own league as well so they can sort out like minded issues OR go to DII.

Good post. The motive of the private schools is simple. Many of the kids that they get to play on their teams want to play in the "big dance" come tournament time. It's a little more prestigous playing in Murphy Center against public schools instead of against each other at Lipscomb a few weeks earlier. The fear of the private schools is that if they are forced into DII many of the "all stars" will opt to play for their own schools in which they are zoned for and they will revert back to not getting the recognition that they so desire. The really sad part is that it appears that many of these schools are more into winning a state championship at every sport at any cost than what they were initially designed for.

Good post. The motive of the private schools is simple. Many of the kids that they get to play on their teams want to play in the "big dance" come tournament time. It's a little more prestigous playing in Murphy Center against public schools instead of against each other at Lipscomb a few weeks earlier. The fear of the private schools is that if they are forced into DII many of the "all stars" will opt to play for their own schools in which they are zoned for and they will revert back to not getting the recognition that they so desire. The really sad part is that it appears that many of these schools are more into winning a state championship at every sport at any cost than what they were initially designed for.

Great post here! FCS and CPA definitely fall into this category, win at all costs no matter what!

Great post here! FCS and CPA definitely fall into this category, win at all costs no matter what!

Yeah all costs!! We actually give money to all students who play sports at FCS. give em cars, houses, everything. Just to come play for us. well that's if they are good enough. Your accusations and statements truly are ridiculous. You know nothing about our school and I find it funny that you actually think you do.

Yeah all costs!! We actually give money to all students who play sports at FCS. give em cars, houses, everything. Just to come play for us. well that's if they are good enough. Your accusations and statements truly are ridiculous. You know nothing about our school and I find it funny that you actually think you do.

Remind us as to what subjects your state championship football and basketball coaches teach, and compare them to other coaches either in the same district and region, or in Wilson County...

I don't know, but the rumor is that they are paid solely to coach, while competing schools hire coaches as teachers first, and coaching second (or third). I'm sure you'll enlighten us, and this can be a starting point to determine if there's an advantage.

Remind us as to what subjects your state championship football and basketball coaches teach, and compare them to other coaches either in the same district and region, or in Wilson County...

I don't know, but the rumor is that they are paid solely to coach, while competing schools hire coaches as teachers first, and coaching second (or third). I'm sure you'll enlighten us, and this can be a starting point to determine if there's an advantage.

He won't respond when you bring up the truth.

Both head coaches only coach. Both coaches have teaching degrees though so I'm not sure where you're going with that. If that is such a big advantage then I think we'd have more than 1 championship in baseball, football, and basketball. So where has this huge advantage been the past 20 years??