The CPA Rule

lbell615

Yea, these kids just wake up one morning and realize that their life long dream has been to play for a private school somewhere!!! Give the general public more credit than that!! I'm not accusing FCS, CPA, CAK, KC or any other private school of anything. I just think it ironic that all of a sudden they are able to compete against teams who have dominated the game for years. Thirty years ago you never heard of these teams. Now all of a sudden they are at the top of the charts. This didn't just happen over night and I along with others think that it is high time that something be done about it. Private schools need to play for the DII championship against the other privates, simple as that.
I can't speak for FCS or CPA (because I don't know anything about them) but CAK just started football 12 years ago. Catholic and CAK have youth football programs that start from 2nd through 8th grades due to their middle schools not having football teams as does all of Knox county, public schools included. Catholic competed in DII and did well, they moved to 3A and competed very well with A-E, Fulton, and Livingston. Fulton and Livingston (as well as Catholic) won state titles in 3A football during that time span. Since moving to 5A Catholic has been around .500 and this year they had a losing record. I've coached in private and public schools and the accusations that private schools receive is very unfair. I've been at public schools where coaches within the same athletic program tell kids not to play another sport! Coaches actually battling coaches in their own building for players. Also, the number of kids playing out of zone is rampant. "Recruiting" is an issue everywhere. I have a son in the 7th grade who is an outstanding football player and basketball player. Physically he doesn't look his age (13) or play like he's a middle schooler. I have schools contacting me (even though they know I teach and coach at a school) wanting me to send him to their schools. Schools in Chattanooga, Nashville, Knoxville, and even in Georgia wanting him. I find it funny because only 5 of these schools are private. The rest are public with "open" and non open zones. In my opinion, if all of the private schools should be classified in DII, then split the public schools into open zoned classifications and zoned classifications. Fair is fair. As far as facilities, I've seen some public schools with facilities better then some colleges. Small towns and rural schools lack the facilites (and funding) to compete with the privates but there are many 5A and 6A public schools that can match the privates. People on here make it sound like all the public schools play at inner city schools like Goldie Hawn coached in the movie Wildcats. Edited by QSouth89

Wharton wasn't "brought down" his dad is from Nashville and moved back home to be near his family.

Wharton was "brought down" - your brought down when you don't seek employment - your brought down when you get a call hey man we got a job opening are you interested. But we all play along with that fact you posted for you know "fun".

Wharton was "brought down" - your brought down when you don't seek employment - your brought down when you get a call hey man we got a job opening are you interested. But we all play along with that fact you posted for you know "fun".

Just for "fun" how about this, I've known his dad for years. For even more "fun" I coached AAU with his dad and my kids played AAU for Coach Wharton, I think I would know a little bit more about his situation and why they had to leave Knoxville. But I'm sure your knowledge and "facts" abouth their situation is far more superior then mine.

Just for "fun" how about this, I've known his dad for years. For even more "fun" I coached AAU with his dad and my kids played AAU for Coach Wharton, I think I would know a little bit more about his situation and why they had to leave Knoxville. But I'm sure your knowledge and "facts" abouth their situation is far more superior then mine.

Yes they probably are more superior.

If they REALLY wanted to be "close" to family, then why not go to Lighthouse Christian?