District 14-A 2014

lakecounty1968

I once again agree with Regis on his District 14A 2014 Rankings.  If UC doesn't have a major injury then they will not only repeat as district champs but as state champs too.  Trenton will be 9-1 or 8-2 depending on what Milan fields this year.  Humboldt will be athletic enough to beat the ones below them.  Lake Co. will compete but won't beat a good team.  Halls will be ok. The rest of the district will struggle.  2A playoffs on this side of the state will be loaded this fall.  Adamsville, Trenton, Huntingdon, Mitchell, and TCA...WOW!

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I once again agree with Regis on his District 14A 2014 Rankings.  If UC doesn't have a major injury then they will not only repeat as district champs but as state champs too.  Trenton will be 9-1 or 8-2 depending on what Milan fields this year.  Humboldt will be athletic enough to beat the ones below them.  Lake Co. will compete but won't beat a good team.  Halls will be ok. The rest of the district will struggle.  2A playoffs on this side of the state will be loaded this fall.  Adamsville, Trenton, Huntingdon, Mitchell, and TCA...WOW!

Football fan, Lake Co will at least one of the three that Regis picked ahead of them. Will not surprise me too see them beat two of them. Union City will be a very tall order. LC very well could end the season 8-2 or 7-3 according on the breaks. LC will be much better than most of you think. If not I will eat my crow raw. You are right 2-A is loaded but so is 1-A on the west side of the state.

Edited by lakecounty1968

I think its going to be the same as last year. All the good teams are in the west get past the semis then your pretty much state champions. Uc may have an easier road cause I hear Dresden and Humboldt are down from last year so the true test will come in the semis and that is where the 2 best teams will meet.

• 2 weeks later...

No interest from Union City, Humboldt or Trenton fans. I guess everyone is still in basketball mode. I am ready for some football.

Humboldt will be down,  lost a lot to graduation & last year was their chance to make some noise but couldn't get pass UC even though both games were classics especially the last game. Humboldt will probably finish 4th or 5th in the district in 2014 will be very young and a rebuilding year.

Okay I'm calling a stop to all of the posts picking UC as the "clear favorite". I liked it better when no one knew we were on the radar. I can tell you one thing for sure.....there will not be any egos involved with the 2014 Tornadoes. These kids know what they will be facing next year and have already forgotten about 2013. It's been hammered into them by the coaching staff. Last year was simply that.....Last Year. We have to be ready for a tougher road in 2014 because folks know who we are now. Let's start playing this Friday PLease!

Blah blah blah Swo. The small city underdog routine can't be used anymore. Union City is on everyone's radar even the mighty South Pitt faithful. Anything less than a repeat to the title and another gold ball is an epic failure. But like you said the kids better keep working cause they have a big target on their backs now.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

A lot of young guys are gonna have to fill some shoes at Humboldt. With several seniors graduating some Ppl gotta step up. Lost a lot on the defense with d ends Keeyan James and darius wade and also two stud line backers in brown and Gullett.. also d tackle cox and saftey Montague. Lets see who has the heart to step up

• 2 weeks later...

Football fan, Lake Co will at least one of the three that Regis picked ahead of them. Will not surprise me too see them beat two of them. Union City will be a very tall order. LC very well could end the season 8-2 or 7-3 according on the breaks. LC will be much better than most of you think. If not I will eat my crow raw. You are right 2-A is loaded but so is 1-A on the west side of the state.

whats lake countys schedule next year? no disrespect but from what i saw last year if LC goes 8-2 ill be shocked

whats lake countys schedule next year? no disrespect but from what i saw last year if LC goes 8-2 ill be shocked

Regis, what you saw was a very injured squad during the West Carroll game. Not taking anything away from West Carroll. All I know LC returns several starters from last year but they do play a tough schedule. I would take 8-2 right now. A lot is going to depend on health and players growing up from last year. Things are looking up for LC. What does West Carroll have coming back besides the qb. I know they had a big line last year. LC got better late in the season so I am hoping they grow from that.