Keith Hodge steps down at Dresden...

RegisP90X

So when is spring practice? Do we have anyone lined up to play? Who's the new assistants? Who's running the D and will we have O line or kicking coach?

I'm not sure, does kentucky have a high school football message board? You could probably get the scoop on everything going on at Murray since you are no longer supporting Dresden, right?  :mrgreen:

Just kidding, glad you are back on the train. I think Spring practice starts the first week of May so hopefully all of your questions will be answered soon!

We know, you have made it clear over, and over and over for 50 pages now. The administration is easily accessible so at any time feel free to tell them to their face and be done with it and stop making this about your personal feelings about someone on here and not what is truly important which is the kids at Dresden.

It is time to support the Lions and get ready for a very bright future!

So which one of the administration powers are you the son of

I really think you will be ok with him...just give it time

We appreciate your input as well wingman. I'm still kind of in shock that we are actually getting someone with his resume. Speaks volumes about what others, even outside of West Tn, think about our community, program and players for Coach Rang to put his faith in us to leave his college coaching position and move all the way across the state to lead our kids. 

Go Lions!

Mr. Kelly

So which one of the administration powers are you the son of

Does it really bother you that much that someone wants to support our kids, administration and our new coach that you have to assume things? There were many of us that felt it was time for a change but were not the "loud majority".

Go Lions!

I'm not sure, does kentucky have a high school football message board? You could probably get the scoop on everything going on at Murray since you are no longer supporting Dresden, right? :mrgreen:

Just kidding, glad you are back on the train. I think Spring practice starts the first week of May so hopefully all of your questions will be answered soon!

I know all about Murray football cause I've work there for 25 years. Matter of fact I'll be at Calloway verses Murray game. First time in four years I'll miss a Dresden game. Like I said I'll support the kids and my friends at Dresden. I'll also support coach Harris, Gomes, and both Hodges wherever they wind up coaching starting at Murray. Hopefully rang will keep Deberry, Evans, and coach K. Personally I think Deberry should be a Dresden head coach next year but doubt if that happens either.

I don't have a reading comprehension problem at all but I appreciate your concern. Keith Hodge did a heck of a job as a head coach for us and his brother did a great job as a volunteer assistant coach helping him.

It's time for us to move on and support coach Rang and the Lions and that is what the discussion needs to be at this point, so there is no reason for me (or anyone else) to list the reasons here that Chad didn't get the job but all of us have seen with our own eyes (or heard with our own ears) the reasons why Chad did not get the job. If Chad didn't have so many issues while as an assistant then I'm sure he would have been the natural choice to replace his brother but that wasn't the case and I'm not sure how that is the administrations fault.

You are obviously from Henry county so you have a personal tie to Chad and I can understand that, but maybe you need to sit back and think about the fact that he was passed over for the Henry County job, passed over for the Dresden job, and hasn't been hired as a head coach at any other school as a head coach either and realize maybe the people that have done the hiring at Henry County, Weakley County, and the countless other counties that have had open head coaching jobs come open have also not hired Chad. The administration here had no issues giving Keith the head coaching job when it came open and the administration hasn't changed from then to now so the same people smart enough to hire Keith didn't hire Chad. Case closed.

I think it would be best for all involved, since it's over and done with now, for you to go back to supporting and commenting on Henry County threads and let us as Dresden supporters turn our attention to our new leader and to our kids. I think the community will rally around the kids and our new coach and hopefully propel our programs to even greater things!

Go Lions!!

I wasn't concerned your reading comprehension issues...I just stated that you had them. I'm actually not a Henry County guy although I did retire there about nine years ago. I coached for 30 years mostly in Mississippi. I don't really know Hodge personally but I have many contacts in coaching. He was not passed over for the Henry County job..,he didn't apply. In fact, what other jobs are you saying he was "passed over"? You are as inaccurate as they come.

Does it really bother you that much that someone wants to support our kids, administration and our new coach that you have to assume things? There were many of us that felt it was time for a change but were not the "loud majority".

Go Lions!

Hopefully it won't change back to six years ago.

I wasn't concerned your reading comprehension issues...I just stated that you had them. I'm actually not a Henry County guy although I did retire there about nine years ago. I coached for 30 years mostly in Mississippi. I don't really know Hodge personally but I have many contacts in coaching. He was not passed over for the Henry County job..,he didn't apply. In fact, what other jobs are you saying he was "passed over"? You are as inaccurate as they come.

You obviously have a tie to Coach Hodge and while we very much appreciate the hard work he put in it is time for all of us to move on. 

Edited by DTownFan68