Goodpasture Wrestling

Hamblin

Goodpasture Christian School will be starting a wrestling program for the 2014/15 season.

We will be in A-AA Region 6 for duals and A-AA Region 3 for individual.

We are currently looking for matches. We prefer tris', quads,and dual tournaments to start

and maybe 2 Invitationals. If you have room in your schedule please contact me at hamblinconstruction@yahoo.com

We are looking for away matches at this time.

We will be pretty young to start, but we will have a few kids with some experience.

I will be including some JV stuff in our schedule for the least experienced kids.

Thanks.

Hamblin

• Upvote 1

Goodpasture Christian School will be starting a wrestling program for the 2014/15 season.

We will be in A-AA Region 6 for duals and A-AA Region 3 for individual.

We are currently looking for matches. We prefer tris', quads,and dual tournaments to start

and maybe 2 Invitationals. If you have room in your schedule please contact me at hamblinconstruction@yahoo.com

We are looking for away matches at this time.

We will be pretty young to start, but we will have a few kids with some experience.

I will be including some JV stuff in our schedule for the least experienced kids.

Thanks.

Hamblin

Congrats on your Head coaching job.

Didn't DCA start a program a whole back? How's that going? I would love to see some smaller private schools start programs as I'm in the hermitage area. I think they would do well. The problem with schools like Goodpasture and DCA is the lack of a middle school team and no youth wrestling in the Metro area. This is why I take my kids out of Davidson Co to wrestle. Simply no where to go. I would love to see it grow!

I am not prepared to go into a great bit of detail yet as we are still working our plan. I will say that we do have plans for Goodpasture that include a middle school program, and there are two youth programs that currently train some future GP kids. Space is the issue. It will get worked out.

We are approaching this program as if it were a marathon and not a sprint.

On another note, we are building a schedule. Everyone as already scheduled so we take what we can get, locally. Our schedule will be full regardless. I will also schedule some JV stuff for the less skilled kids.

More to come..............

Edited by Hamblin
  • Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I really look forward to see how this plays out. I think you will have great success there. I am familiar with where you were in the past and have no doubt you can build a program there. I am interested to see where the kids come from though. As you stated above, you have a plan. I look forward to seeing the line up and where they wrestled prior in club etc. I def will be following.

• 1 month later...

I am going into my 8th season this year as DCA wrestling coach. We do have a small team and it is hard in a small school to get the numbers that you need. I started a middle school program last year and we had 7 students. Your numbers in a small school fluctuate year to year. When you lose a good group of seniors it takes several years to rebuild. I have great support from the school and the administration. We have produced three state medalists in the last seven years. Our goal is to always fill a team and be competitive. 

• Upvote 1

• 2 months later...