Ravenwood 5-0 vs Centennial 6-0

LoveForTheGame

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Independence showing against Blackman last Friday shows the District 11 is legit.   Brentwood is at 1-5, but they've loss to Blackman, Oakland, Centennial, Hendersonville, and CPA..  Those teams combined record?  28-2.  

I say that because this district is easily 5 deep again this year.  Franklin, Ravenwood, and Centennial are all unbeaten in district play while Independence and Brentwood have one loss each.   District is really up for grabs this year.  This game will go along way in determining who comes out on top.

Independence showing against Blackman last Friday shows the District 11 is legit.   Brentwood is at 1-5, but they've loss to Blackman, Oakland, Centennial, Hendersonville, and CPA..  Those teams combined record?  28-2.  

I say that because this district is easily 5 deep again this year.  Franklin, Ravenwood, and Centennial are all unbeaten in district play while Independence and Brentwood have one loss each.   District is really up for grabs this year.  This game will go along way in determining who comes out on top.

Indy put up 42 on Blackman but was held to 7 by Ravenwood and this makes me think the Rwood D will carry the day against Centennial.  

Edited by BT Mafia

This game will be a test two different Offenses! A very tough one too pick. Both teams have talent and toughness. I'd give Ravenswood the edge because they have a more balanced offense. Centennial from every thing I've heard and read have a monstrous ground game. The defense is the question? Anybody seen both teams play? If you have give us a scouting report, thanks?

For Centennial to win Sanders and Company will have to have the career day he had against Brentwood last year, 30+ carries and 200+ yards.  I just see a one dimensional attack carrying the day against Ravenwood's defense.  Centennials front seven will have to stop the run and put pressure on the quarterback to slow down Ravenwood, if they can't do that I don't see their offense being able to outscore Ravenwood.  The ironic thing about this game is that it comes down to quarterback play which Ravenwood has a noticeable advantage but if the Rievtalds were still playing/coaching at Ravenwood Brown (Ravenwood's current quarterback) would be in another position.

My prediction RHS - 28 CHS - 14

Having seen both teams play this year, I think that this will be a great match up.

In both cases, I think that these teams real strength lies in their play up front.

All the game planning in the world can go out the window if you get beat down on the lines.

Forget about Sanders and Jefferson, the team that wins up front wins the game.

Ravenwood 17 - Centennial 10

Who has the best defense? Somebody give us a scouting report on the defenses? Any players on the D's getting any offers from colleges? 411 anybody?

I can only tell you what I've seen from Ravenwood and what I've heard from Centennial.  I'll start with Centennial, I have a friend who has seen them play a couple of times and says that Ravenwood should be able to run the ball against their front seven which would open up the passing attack.  However, their defense has been pretty tight the last couple of weeks on giving up a few scores.  Ravenwood which has no true D1 talent has a handful of kids that could definitely walk on at a small college.  They aren't real big but play fast and really tough.  The first team has only been scored on two times this season, the only other points from opponents have come from special teams or mop up duty by 2nd and 3rd teamers.  They are led by Sr. middle linebacker Jeb Stewart who was the leading tackler a year ago and hasn't let up one bit this season, probably average 12-15 tackles a game.  He is surround by 8 other seniors and 2 juniors.  The d line is not really big but their quickness is amazing and their pursuit of the ball is really good.  The other linebackers beside Stewart are above average.  The safeties are really good, Nick Barton is the quarterback of the defense.  The corners have struggles some this season but have improved as the season has gone on.  I know this is one sided to Ravenwood, so maybe someone could give us the Centennial perspective.

Edited by rchman