Top Quarterbacks this season?

MJGOLDENBEARS

Serious question, was it really Jennings 1st time ever playing QB last season?

Yes.  He might have played it in Middle school or something, but last year was his first varsity QB game action. 

Blaze: I know you can say, well type it. That should be hard to type when Upton has more passing yards, rushing yards, and touchdowns in the last two season. Not to sure about that "Jauan Level".

The only difference between the two is that Upton attends a metro school. Metro is looked at as a joke by colleges, rightful so. Murfreesboro is a hot bed for college coaches (all sports). Mainly because Boro has like 5 schools, and Metro has like 15+, including the private schools. That's another topic for another day though.

Far as 247sports, I looked on Rivals (the more respectable source) were he's the #18 ATH. Jennings is a great player. One of the best in class of 2015. I'm not taking anything from him. By the numbers Upton has had the better career thus far. I'm not blowing smoke. These are facts.

I hate getting into the stat debate.  I don't know Upton's stats.  If you could post them I would be very interested in seeing them.  Do you realize that Blackman's offense is a predominately run based offense?  He doesn't have to throw it that much, but when he does he puts his team on his back.  Against Indy, they were down 28 points with 11 minutes to go in the game.  They came back and scored 29 points in those last minutes to win the game.  In the game, he threw for 350 yards with 4 tds, and rushed for 100 plus another td.  If they asked him to throw it a bunch, he is more than capable, but that is not what Shad asks of his offense.  He wants to run the ball and control the clock.

The Metro thing doesn't hold a lot of difference for me.  The privates take a whole lot from us too (Corn Elder, Ferby, Jalen Ramsey, just to name a few).  If you have talent and can play, colleges will find you.  A ton of players have gotten scholarships out of Metro...and a ton of really great players have come out of Metro.

Do you know who the staff of 247 is comprised of?  It's all of the core guys that made Rivals the "more respectable source".  Rivals is a shell of their former selves.  Plus, they also rate guys that go to their camps/combines higher.  Politics is the only reason he is rated so low on Rivals....11th in the State, don't think so.  But if you want to go on Rivals, Upton is the 29th recruit in the state.  So you attribute that difference solely on the fact that he plays in Metro?  I know and can appreciate the fact that you are defending and supporting your guy.  I get it and have no problem with it, but any person looking objectively can see which is better.

Jennings

69 carries 556 yards 13 TDs

81-134 1,464 15 TDs

2,020 all purpose yards 28 TDs

Upton

71 carries 944 yards 15 TDs

57-97 1,128 12 TDs

2072 all purpose yards 27 TDs

Numbers are pretty even to me

Don't get me wrong, I know there's a huge difference between 3A & 5A teams. I've never said that Upton is better than Jennings. I stated that Upton should be thrown into the topic as one of the best QB's. Everyone is claiming Jennings is the best, Upton should be in the conversation along with him. That's all. Didn't mean to step on any toes. Please don't bring up politics when it comes to recuriting & rankings... Murfreesboro is controlling that like puppets.

I'm done with this topic, I don't want to people to think I'm taking anything away from these players, because they're kids at the end of the day. They are both talented and deserve everything they've recieved. Good luck with the rest of your season Blaze.

Hope you see you all in Cookville.

Edited by MetroLegend

Jennings

69 carries 556 yards 13 TDs

81-134 1,464 15 TDs

2,020 all purpose yards 28 TDs

Upton

71 carries 944 yards 15 TDs

57-97 1,128 12 TDs

2072 all purpose yards 27 TDs

Numbers are pretty even to me

Don't get me wrong, I know there's a huge difference between 3A & 5A teams. I've never said that Upton is better than Jennings. I stated that Upton should be thrown into the topic as one of the best QB's. Everyone is claiming Jennings is the best, Upton should be in the conversation along with him. That's all. Didn't mean to step on any toes. Please don't bring up politics when it comes to recuriting & rankings... Murfreesboro is controlling that like puppets.

I'm done with this topic, I don't want to people to think I'm taking anything away from these players, because they're kids at the end of the day. They are both talented and deserve everything they've recieved. Good luck with the rest of your season Blaze.

Hope you see you all in Cookville.

????????  How does Murfreesboro control national recruiting rankings?  I would love to hear this.  We can't even get our local team to recruit any of our kids!!!

Is the debate best QB or best athlete?? Upton is a pure athlete that makes plays mostly with his legs. Jennings is a nice combo of both. and deserves the rankings that he has. Ferrell is a legit QB. he actually sits in the pocket and can make ALL the throws. he just as well could have off the chart rushing numbers (i.e vs MBA) if that is what the O required but you wouldn't ask him to carry the ball due to the fact you have the top RB in state to carry that load. IMO... cant go wrong with either of the 3.