Video of The Best Backcourt in All Tennessee

quizlo11

Yea they aren't some of the best in the state for being leading scorers. They are some of the best out their for the defensive intensity/quickness, overall speed/athleticism, high basketball IQ... lot of other factors than simply scoring points. The video I posted clearly shows they have an extremely talented contested jump shot as well.

And your probably right that most posters would not agree with me, but if CPA or BA was actually playing Lighthouse this year then ya'll would see what I mean... But, unfortunately that aint happening. 95% of the posters who wouldn't agree with me are people who have never watched Lighthouse in person... people who have seen them know what's up. Even some referees last year who had reffed both teams were telling us they wished they could see a Lighthouse/CPA game. "They were bigger then us, but we were quicker then them" (the refs exact words, not mine)... would've been fun to see.

Watched Lighthouse last year and they are legit. Most people tend to ignore them because they are not TSSAA but they were as good as any team in middle Tennessee last year. They would have cruised in the II-A and II-AA divisions last year, and given CPA, Brentwood and East Nashville all they could handle. As far as the topic of best backcourt, I don't think the Nappiers are the best backcourt tandem in terms of college potential (due to their size), but at the high school level they are probably as good as there is in middle Tennessee.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yea I'll have to be sure to check out a BA game this year.

Lighthouse basketball isn't playing small christian schools though with this team. Last year they were 16-0 against AAA schools and the top Div-II teams as well. Vic Wharton isn't going to have a team this good beating Pleasant View by 70-80 points. That's pointless, they are only playing good teams.

Don't know how you can say that when they didn't play Ensworth, MUS, CBHS or Briarcrest, which teams comprised the final four last year in the D2-AA state tournament.  Who in D2-AA did they actually play last year and what were the results?

Edited by RedRobin1

Arlington didn't "handle" WS, WS lost that game themselves. Missed like 10 free throws in the last 2min. WS also blew Arlington out twice last season. Arlington had a good playoff run though. You will continue to hear the same thing each year about MTown teams just so long as a different Memphis team wins state every year. Give props where it's do

No doubt. The Memphis teams are great, no doubt about that. All I'm saying is their is good ball played elsewhere in the state of TN, too. No doubt Memphis teams are the mark. That isn't in question.

Don't know how you can say that when they didn't play Ensworth, MUS, CBHS or Briarcrest, which teams comprised the final four last year in the D2-AA state tournament.  Who in D2-AA did they actually play last year and what were the results?

They beat both FRA and BGA who of course were in the D2-A championship. In Div2-AA they beat MBA by like 16 points I think it was.

But lets be serious for a second, you honestly gonna tell me that Ensworth was really good last year?? It made Div 2-AA look like a joke that that team won a championship. Even Ricky Bowers himself admitted "we were really a bad team at times this year." I think what he actually meant by that was "how the heck did this team win a championship?" .... Lighthouse would've beat Ensworth by at least 15-20 points last year if not more. As you can see in the posts on this thread, everyone who actually saw Lighthouse play last year is acknowledging how legit they were. I think the only team in middle tennessee last year who could've beaten Lighthouse was CPA (and that woulda been a close game).  

Lighthouse beat Oak Ridge this summer. They beat Blackman in a playday last year. CPA could've beaten Lighthouse last year. White Station would've beaten them... but that's about it, in my opinion.

They beat both FRA and BGA who of course were in the D2-A championship. In Div2-AA they beat MBA by like 16 points I think it was.

But lets be serious for a second, you honestly gonna tell me that Ensworth was really good last year?? It made Div 2-AA look like a joke that that team won a championship. Even Ricky Bowers himself admitted "we were really a bad team at times this year." I think what he actually meant by that was "how the heck did this team win a championship?" .... Lighthouse would've beat Ensworth by at least 15-20 points last year if not more. As you can see in the posts on this thread, everyone who actually saw Lighthouse play last year is acknowledging how legit they were. I think the only team in middle tennessee last year who could've beaten Lighthouse was CPA (and that woulda been a close game).  

Lighthouse beat Oak Ridge this summer. They beat Blackman in a playday last year. CPA could've beaten Lighthouse last year. White Station would've beaten them... but that's about it, in my opinion.

You think they could have beaten Mitchell and Jackson Southside last year?

The twins are great athletes and are perfect for their coach's system.  They are fearless and attack every opponent with the same tenacity.  I have seen them play at Lighthouse and with TN Flood in AAU.  I will say they are the best defensive backcourt in the mid-state at this time.  Upton/Booker at East Nashville and Dell/Smith at Waverly are both a better backcourt based on all around game. 

Love the way you throw out partial quotations and then proceed to tell us what they really meant to say!   

You are the one who claimed that Lighthouse beat "the top D-II teams"; I just said they didn't play any of the D2-AA final four.  Instead of just admitting that, you come back trashing Ensworth?  The same Ensworth that won their fourth D2-AA title in a row?  I have no idea who Lighthouse would beat if they played by the same rules as the TSSAA teams in the area, but neither do you .  Woof your team all you want, but you got no place spewing disrespect for a program as successful as Ensworth that does play by the TSSAA rules.  

Love the way you throw out partial quotations and then proceed to tell us what they really meant to say!   

You are the one who claimed that Lighthouse beat "the top D-II teams"; I just said they didn't play any of the D2-AA final four.  Instead of just admitting that, you come back trashing Ensworth?  The same Ensworth that won their fourth D2-AA title in a row?  I have no idea who Lighthouse would beat if they played by the same rules as the TSSAA teams in the area, but neither do you .  Woof your team all you want, but you got no place spewing disrespect for a program as successful as Ensworth that does play by the TSSAA rules.  

When I said "top Div-II teams" to be honest I had BGA and FRA in my mind because I think its possible they were the best teams in all Div-II last year. I didn't "spew disrespect" towards Ensworth at all; I simply said they didn't have a really good basketball team last year, which is true. The Corn Elder bball teams would've easily handled last years Ensworth team.

To the other question, I think Lighthouse vs Mitchell or Jackson Southside last year would've been really close games that could've gone either way. I just think White Station would've been too good for Lighthouse, and CPA would have been the next toughest test. I