Lexington

yankees8589

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Depends on the coach...Grant couldn't earn their respect, if the new guy can there's talent enough to go deep in the playoffs. Johnson's injury really hurt the Tigers chances though...solid player, but his court awareness, and team leadership will be more missed than his physical contributions.

To "keep it real", there are some serious hotdogs on this team, who would rather look good themselves than win (not the Marshall kid). Johnson was the floor leader who kept that to a minimum, and without him that one issue could keep this talented team from being as good as their parts. 

Depends on the coach...Grant couldn't earn their respect, if the new guy can there's talent enough to go deep in the playoffs. Johnson's injury really hurt the Tigers chances though...solid player, but his court awareness, and team leadership will be more missed than his physical contributions.

To "keep it real", there are some serious hotdogs on this team, who would rather look good themselves than win (not the Marshall kid). Johnson was the floor leader who kept that to a minimum, and without him that one issue could keep this talented team from being as good as their parts. 

........................................................................................................................................................

Valid point!

Great game tonight! Very physical. Lexington wins by one. TCA football boys played really well but we're gassed pretty quickly. Two really good teams played tonight. Lexington will do real wel this year. When big man comes back they should be a contender for AA Gold Ball. TCA was also missing a post player( QB Akin). Lexington has a lot of length even without Marshall. Guard play is very solid as well. Wish them well the rest of season. I think TCA proved tonight that they will be a factor in 1A this year. Long ways to go and need to get a lot better but tonight looked very promising for TCA as well as Lexington! Lexington Coach is doing s great job with his team. He has them pushing the ball the whole game.

Good team with a bunch of returning players. I know the Johnson kid is out with a knee injury. Smith and Marshall are talented players for sure. Along with Jackson SS they should be the favorite in District 14AA. I see another sectional bid coming for this team and hopefully they can take the next step.

Don't sleep on Fayette-ware if the big kid ever get in shape they will be tough to beat.

Edited by Terriblecoach

I watched Lexington play tonight,,,I'm impressed with the coach, and the team. I knew that there was talent, but I doubted that there would be discipline enough for the Tigers to compete at a high level...I was wrong. Lexington looked like a totally different squad than the embarassing bunch that argue'd with and yelled back in the former coaches face last season. The Marshall kid is sitting out a suspension along with another player or two seems to have made believers of the whole bunch. Way early to predict anything, but they have the potential to be very good.