DAVID CROCKETT is for real and has a very good BALL CLUB!

NORTHCAROLINAmanforDB

Their coach my not be better but he's as good as anybody else in the league. Which ain't saying much. Pitts was the last good coach in this area.

I'm sure there are a few schools who wouldn't mind having Charlie as their coach. Then again, why would he leave as long as he is adding to D-B's win total? (which is impressive by the way)

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And just to make this statement first,Nothing against the HAWKINS COUNTY SCHOOL SYSTEM.But a lot of the time it never has anything to do with the players ATHLETIC ABILITY,It's them not being able to make the necessary grades or make high enough on the ACT test to get in to some of the better programs.I've see plenty of players that could play at schools like DUKE,KU,UK etc. But grade wise they couldn't pass certain test to get in.That's why you see so much parody in college sports now.And see SO CALLED UPSETS more often when most of the players on these smaller and less known colleges could play at these larger colleges but grades are the big difference..

So where does Hawkins County fit into this conversation? Glad to see Crockett doing well this year. Who knows, if kids like playing for Pappa Good maybe that pipeline won't dry up?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...