Region 4A

swipper

UCSportsfan I am amazed at your fetish with private school recruitment. Unlike schools in small towns the city schools in Nashville are not the environment I want for my kids. If I didn't live in Davidson Co then my kids would attend county schools. Myself and most of the parents I know that send their kids to private school did not attend a private school themselves. They choose to send their kids to private school because of the public school environment isn't the same as 20 years ago. I don't know one child that was recruited. I actually encouraged my son to attend a different private school but he wanted to attend Goodpasture. He changed from a boy that faked being sick to miss school to a young man that is always early and wants to attend school functions. The problem isn't private schools but it is public schools. I am not a rich man and I would love to have all that tuition money for other things but that isn't an option at this point. So stop blaming the private schools for taking the public school athletes. Blame the public schools for running off the public school athletes.

Edited by bluecollar

Ok I am going to resist the whole name calling thing, it is childish and not classy at all.  On to the recruiting.  Look at Jackson county girls there are several girls that "rent apartments" to go to school there.  Clarkrange has more girls on the team that aren't from Clarkrange than are. Lamar starts recruiting in middle school.  Pickett county boys start in middle school.  Several get held back in elementary school so that they get another maturing year for high school.  Some of the pickett county boys should be going to LA.  There may be no comparison on recuriting when it comes to private vs public but it does happen in 7A this I promise you.  I could give numbers and names of players but I won't stoop to that level and I don't think you would want to know either.

Wow! Aren't you a bundle of 'Class'? I'm not a Jackson co. fan.(I do support them against teams from other areas) If you don't like or support Jackson co., Clarkrange or Pickett co. that's your business, but you don't need to show your ignorance by posting lies on this forum. Your statement that 'several girls rent apartments to go to school in Jackson co' is an outright lie! You make it sound like Clarkrange is a large town when it's actually only a small part of Fentress co. You probably couldn't find enough girls in the town to field a BB team. Are you trying to say that York should get all the players who live in Fentress co except the ones who live in Clarkrange? You say some of the Pickett co players should be going to LA. There have been players over the years who didn't make the LA team who went to a school where they could play. That doesn't mean they were recruited. It sounds to me like your little darlings were not talented or maybe dedicated enough to play, so now you have to blame everyone else for them not playing. I would hope that in the future when you choose to put down 7a schools, you at least choose to tell the truth!

UCSportsfan I am amazed at your fetish with private school recruitment. Unlike schools in small towns the city schools in Nashville are not the environment I want for my kids. If I didn't live in Davidson Co then my kids would attend county schools. Myself and most of the parents I know that send their kids to private school did not attend a private school themselves. They choose to send their kids to private school because of the public school environment isn't the same as 20 years ago. I don't know one child that was recruited. I actually encouraged my son to attend a different private school but he wanted to attend Goodpasture. He changed from a boy that faked being sick to miss school to a young man that is always early and wants to attend school functions. The problem isn't private schools but it is public schools. I am not a rich man and I would love to have all that tuition money for other things but that isn't an option at this point. So stop blaming the private schools for taking the public school athletes. Blame the public schools for running off the public school athletes.

Fetish?  That's not appropriate for this website nor for this conversation.  How many of those kids on the volleyball team are from Madison?  Baseball team?  How many have you had move in from other programs to play for your teams?  Several including your football teams over the years!  What i'm saying is there needs to be a total split and until there is i will get on here and tell it like it is.  

M-O-R-O-N!  Ha there is no arguing with this guy, he just talks in circles.  Face the facts bud, it goes on everywhere. And you still never answered the question about playing Memphis schools at State where they have open enrollment? 

I answered your question though didn't i BigIdioT!  Only one girl out of 8 state championships started that wasn't born and raised in Jackson County.  You've been proven a liar so keep your mouth shut and move on.

Wow! Aren't you a bundle of 'Class'? I'm not a Jackson co. fan.(I do support them against teams from other areas) If you don't like or support Jackson co., Clarkrange or Pickett co. that's your business, but you don't need to show your ignorance by posting lies on this forum. Your statement that 'several girls rent apartments to go to school in Jackson co' is an outright lie! You make it sound like Clarkrange is a large town when it's actually only a small part of Fentress co. You probably couldn't find enough girls in the town to field a BB team. Are you trying to say that York should get all the players who live in Fentress co except the ones who live in Clarkrange? You say some of the Pickett co players should be going to LA. There have been players over the years who didn't make the LA team who went to a school where they could play. That doesn't mean they were recruited. It sounds to me like your little darlings were not talented or maybe dedicated enough to play, so now you have to blame everyone else for them not playing. I would hope that in the future when you choose to put down 7a schools, you at least choose to tell the truth!

Looks like I struck a nerve.  You just confirmed my point.  All schools in 7A recruit.  There may not be tuition involved nor promises but it is done.  How many girls on Clarkrange's team are from the Clarkrange community? I'm not for sure but I think only 1, I know 2 are from York and I from Crossville.  What about the Heady girl that played a few years back, she's not Clarkrange born and raised.  You need to stop whining about where Goodpasture gets their players from when it is done everywhere.   You would have a better argument if you protested Goodpasture not being made to play with the private schools.  By the way you must not have read my first post, if you had you would have know that I played 7A ball and so did my little darlings as well as their father.  7A runs deep in our blood but the truth is the truth.

Looks like I struck a nerve.  You just confirmed my point.  All schools in 7A recruit.  There may not be tuition involved nor promises but it is done.  How many girls on Clarkrange's team are from the Clarkrange community? I'm not for sure but I think only 1, I know 2 are from York and I from Crossville.  What about the Heady girl that played a few years back, she's not Clarkrange born and raised.  You need to stop whining about where Goodpasture gets their players from when it is done everywhere.   You would have a better argument if you protested Goodpasture not being made to play with the private schools.  By the way you must not have read my first post, if you had you would have know that I played 7A ball and so did my little darlings as well as their father.  7A runs deep in our blood but the truth is the truth.

I've made no negative comments about Goodpasture in any of my posts. I was only challenging your distorted facts about 7a schools. What about the lie you told about "several Jackson co girls renting apartments' to go to school there? Would you like to address that lie or would you like to just retract that statement?

I've made no negative comments about Goodpasture in any of my posts. I was only challenging your distorted facts about 7a schools. What about the lie you told about "several Jackson co girls renting apartments' to go to school there? Would you like to address that lie or would you like to just retract that statement?

I don't even reply to these children on here, this is obviously someone hiding behind a fictitious name.  Everyone knows there are no girls living in an apartment in Gainesboro.  If they cared to look up our little town they would find out there are only a handful of apartments and they are of the assisted living variety for the elderly and the poor.  All they are doing is trying to deflect the fact that GOODPASTURE recruited most all of their players, very few of them attended middle school at GP and almost none of the main players in all the sports this school offers went to grade school there.  They will be an afterthought once the public/private split happens never to be heard from again.  :popcorneater:

I apologize about the Goodpasture statement it was from another poster.  I will correct myself on the Jackson co thing.  It wasn't an apartment, it was the basement of a business that they stayed in.

I don't even reply to these children on here, this is obviously someone hiding behind a fictitious name.  Everyone knows there are no girls living in an apartment in Gainesboro.  If they cared to look up our little town they would find out there are only a handful of apartments and they are of the assisted living variety for the elderly and the poor.  All they are doing is trying to deflect the fact that GOODPASTURE recruited most all of their players, very few of them attended middle school at GP and almost none of the main players in all the sports this school offers went to grade school there.  They will be an afterthought once the public/private split happens never to be heard from again.  :popcorneater:

Like I said, I corrected my statement.  It wasn't an apartment, it was the basement of a business.  You have not heard/read me say that Goodpasture didn't recruit.  They recruit just like everyone(and when I say everyone I am including 7A) does.  It happens in the private sector as well as the public.  By the way if you think that I believe that Gainesboro only has assisted living apartments, then I have some ocean front property in Arizona to sell ya.  I guess all the out of town players have moved out of the basement and into the assisted living apartments.

To all the people thinking we recruit, give me a name and I will honestly tell you if anyone at the school had an input on the kid coming to the school. the volleyball girls have been a good program for 20 years so if you have a good team, there is no need to recruit. Players will come to play for a good coach and team, that's not recruiting. the basketball program started excelling 2 years ago, and we had the same players from the year before just a new coach. and not many players are from Madison? He have people from Hendersonville and all over. They come to play for a good program.