Halls

yankees8589

The basketball board has been dead this season. It's been going down for sometime. I'm sure everyone remembers when Dyer County was all anyone was talking about.

Hall's has this happen ever so often. I think it was 2001 of 2002 when they had a real good team.

Also, after Mitchell's back-to-back titles and beating UC, a previously dominant team, the way they did most people know the regular season doesn't mean much. The post season is the only time teams outside of West TN are gonna see the talent and athleticism teams in Memphis have.

Coach Jarrett doesn't have alot of money to travel either. I remember he had a philosophy years ago (which might have changed now) but he didn't like playing in Thanksgiving or Christmas stuff. That would be an opportunity to get out of the area and play some non-district people.

Hall's always had a good if not great fan base for the boys. I remember playing them when I played at DC (94-98), and coached against Halls MS and Halls HS. People always come out and make a pretty great atmosphere for the home team.@

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How can you compare me to UC fans when they were predicting them playing for it all before christmas last season? I don't care how good we are i never count anyone out. Yes you gave credit but I'm saying everyone as a whole who are normally on here faithfully discussing teams and how they're doing as well as their predictions. I never said we didn't have flaws and I wouldn't disagree with you as far as having Mitchell's schedule and not being undefeated. Of course we wouldn't. And at the end of the day Mitchell is Memphis. You can't compare the 2. It's Memphis. Yall will have talent for years and years to come. Halls has a population of 2200 people. We might have 2 kids per grade who even cares for basketball. Mitchell doesn't have that problem. You're suppose to have the schedule you have, Memphis is your area and all schools are pretty good. But thats another discussion. We're beating the teams in our area as well as some surrounding. Can we lose? Of course we can and I'm sure we will. So how much credit do i want? None... I'm not the one who made the post... So evidently I'm not the only one who see's that no one is talking about Halls the way people have praised/talked about other teams in the past on these message boards. The kids notice it too cause they check on here. But I tell them just keep doing what you're doing. Don't worry about the credit. Just play ball. But you're alright in my book Galilee. You made good points. I would definitely like to see our boys play higher ranked teams. It only helps them in the long run. I would love to see a Mitchell vs Halls championship game. I think it would be more exciting than any 2A or 3A game... My opinion.

I will say this about Halls Boys. They are some of the most respectful, intelligent, mild mannered kids. They work very hard. On the court and off the court. People have told them that they "weren't that good." They just play a weak schedule. Yet and still, they beat Humboldt by 20 points, in Humboldt. They beat UC who was predicted to be "awesome again" this year. They defeated Ripley, JCM, and Raleigh Egypt who are all AA schools. Still no recognition. Yet and still, these guys have remained humbled. When asked about their undefeated season, they say, "We're just taking it one game at a time." Even though really no one has given them any credit, they still remain HUMBLE and go on. This is the BEST offensive team to ever come through Halls High. MrOct1031, you have made very valid points. Tell the boys that sometimes not receiving the recognition can be a blessing in disguise. They make me proud to be an alumni of Halls High School! Oh and I want Myron, Malik, Trevon, Tavon, Cordell, and the rest of those AWESOME guys to repeat Galatians 6:9... It states "And let us not be weary in well doing: for in due season we shall reap, if we faint not." KEEP PRESSING GUYS! LOVE YOU ALL!
Mrs. Lakenia

Edited by Only1keniaj

I will say this about Halls Boys. They are some of the most respectful, intelligent, mild mannered kids. They work very hard. On the court and off the court. People have told them that they "weren't that good." They just play a weak schedule. Yet and still, they beat Humboldt by 20 points, in Humboldt. They beat UC who was predicted to be "awesome again" this year. They defeated Ripley, JCM, and Raleigh Egypt who are all AA schools. Still no recognition. Yet and still, these guys have remained humbled. When asked about their undefeated season, they say, "We're just taking it one game at a time." Even though really no one has given them any credit, they still remain HUMBLE and go on. This is the BEST offensive team to ever come through Halls High. MrOct1031, you have made very valid points. Tell the boys that sometimes not receiving the recognition can be a blessing in disguise. They make me proud to be an alumni of Halls High School! Oh and I want Myron, Malik, Trevon, Tavon, Cordell, and the rest of those AWESOME guys to repeat Galatians 6:9... It states "And let us not be weary in well doing: for in due season we shall reap, if we faint not." KEEP PRESSING GUYS! LOVE YOU ALL!

Mrs. Lakenia

Wonderful post!

Mrs. Lakenia

I have yet to read a post where anyone said Halls was not a good team. They have the best recognition of al, they are NUMBER 1 in the state rankings. I said earlier they are very good. They also should advance to the state tournament. All I said was they should play a better schedule and a trip out of town. You cannot control your league schedule but you can your non-league.

The teams Halls played non league has a combined 62-87 record per Coacht and unapproved website

The teams Mitchell played non league has a combined 137-59 record per CoachT and unapproved website

Most of our non league games were against non Memphis teams.Does that mean Mitchell is better than Halls, of course not.  Just playing a tougher schedule pays off in the end. I love coach Jarrett and wish Halls success but if we meet I hope we win..LOL

If you want to mention a team that is HUMBLE, Mitchell takes the cake. We are back to back champs but still say yes sir and no mam to all adults. We do not do a lot of jaw jacking we just play hard. Like I said earlier just enjoy the ride. Halls is a great team that can shoot lights out. Good luck to Halls

H

I have yet to read a post where anyone said Halls was not a good team. They have the best recognition of al, they are NUMBER 1 in the state rankings. I said earlier they are very good. They also should advance to the state tournament. All I said was they should play a better schedule and a trip out of town. You cannot control your league schedule but you can your non-league.

The teams Halls played non league has a combined 62-87 record per Coacht and unapproved website

The teams Mitchell played non league has a combined 137-59 record per CoachT and unapproved website

Most of our non league games were against non Memphis teams.Does that mean Mitchell is better than Halls, of course not.  Just playing a tougher schedule pays off in the end. I love coach Jarrett and wish Halls success but if we meet I hope we win..LOL

If you want to mention a team that is HUMBLE, Mitchell takes the cake. We are back to back champs but still say yes sir and no mam to all adults. We do not do a lot of jaw jacking we just play hard. Like I said earlier just enjoy the ride. Halls is a great team that can shoot lights out. Good luck to Halls

Hello Galilee! I never said that you discredited Halls. I just said some don't give Halls the recognition that they deserve because they say that our strength of schedule is not good. We play the teams that are in our district. Unlike other districts, we have like 9 teams in our district! We don't have time to play a lot of outside teams. Sorry if that's not good enough. The teams that we have played outside of our district and class, we've beaten. All I say is don't discredit a team because of circumstances out of their control. They have a great team and I hope that they get show their talent in the 'Boro, but like the boys say, "We're taking it one game at a time." :) Have a good day sir!

H

Hello Galilee! I never said that you discredited Halls. I just said some don't give Halls the recognition that they deserve because they say that our strength of schedule is not good. We play the teams that are in our district. Unlike other districts, we have like 9 teams in our district! We don't have time to play a lot of outside teams. Sorry if that's not good enough. The teams that we have played outside of our district and class, we've beaten. All I say is don't discredit a team because of circumstances out of their control. They have a great team and I hope that they get show their talent in the 'Boro, but like the boys say, "We're taking it one game at a time." :) Have a good day sir!

I can see that you're new here. This is a long running thing here on CoachT. There are teams that will walk through the regular season and end up getting beat early or getting blown out at the State Tournament. Halls district is large and that's hard to schedule out of district games. However, Halls has never really traveled much. But in Halls defense outside of Mitchell, Hamilton and Whitehaven Mitchell hasn't played a real tough schedule either. You do what you have to do. I've been waiting for Coach Jarrett to retire so I could apply for the job. I've always thought there was great potential in Halls.