Bearden high

Olddawg1948x

HGman

Yep just trying to see what was dropping out there and see where the opposition might be. I'll bet the farm the one whose suddenly dropped off was a parent, probably gas a talk white kid who was not getting to play because of freshmen and has to go out and beg to get on an AAU team. His parents are probably living thru him and are amazed that he's not getting to play. Sad part is all the kids are good kids but parents are feeling that universal thing going around called entitlement. He claims to know a lot but he really didn't know much if anything. Most of the claims against Blevins were bogus. The child who they claim he kicked, the mother personally told me it didn't happen and said she wrote a letter to McIntyre telling him that. Practices, no substance at all, he never violated policy and as far as talking badly and abusing the kids even DCS laughed in their face. The only thing he was guilty of was the car deal which he admitted but if the AD had done his job that never would have happened...and he didn't want to leave the kid behind. Put all the teachers and principals on the lie secrecy or and ask them if they have ever violated the "taking the kid hone policy" and you might have to fire a lot of them.

The Fact of the matter is that there are freshmen players there that are so good that it will mean most upperclassmen won't be playing the next few years and many of those kids are from middle to affluent white families with $, connections or both. Not the case with the minority's kids for the most part. I understand even the superintendent asked why so many freshmen were playing!! Coaches out there looking to coach at Bearden, that's what you like to see huh? The superintendent checking on who plays on your team? Give us a break!

Blevins will land on his feet and he will get a good job (it won't be DB) and Bearden will have the girls team coach will.attempt to take them to glory, a responsive foundation for raising money and getting power in exchange and an athletic program doomed to mediocrity .

However, from other things I'm hearing those brown nosers may soon have new principals and ADs to work there magic on. Yea HGM I think you and I frequent the same circles and the one that drooped out really doesn't have a clue of all the things going on there.

And also about the guy that deleted, he knows crap about the boosters I was in the boosters for over 5 years directly. And president for 2 years and it was a well oiled machine, because of Blevins. If it's screwed up its because people don't step up , have them contact me I will show them how it's done!!

Think a lot of charges will trumped up by parents and administrators. I also agree as previously stated he is a tremendous educator and coach. I also agree that many upper class players and parents were upset that playing time was taken by freshman. But I think a major issue is that several of the freshman are not in the Bearden zone and came to Bearden when Blevins hired their AAU coach as an assistant. Parents and players get upset when outsiders take their playing time. So IMO that's what caused the pot to boil over.

Nothing going on at BHS in basketball that has not gone on for years. That is not what got Blevins run off. The short bus has been making runs to BHS for years. So what.  Money at BHS, BIG DEAL! Ben there, done that, gave all of my tee shirts away. Parents going to the superintendent is what got another HC run off because big Mac's son cold not make the team or did not want to run for a BHS coach. What got Blevins run off was he was the LAST BHS coach with a long history there and he supported other BHS COACHES THAT WERE ALUMNI THAT bartlett RAN OFF. Talk about parents living through their kids. The main two were involved. Figure it out. It starts and finishes with pear man. I am HURLYGURLYMAN and I approve this message! 

red and black

Kids out of zone, mute point, I know personally that two of the kids went there because parents asked some of the local college coaches which high school they should attend and they them Bearden, that's first hand not rumor. The admins there need to go. I don't have enough space here to tell you all of the things but here is a couple. A students favorite middle school teacher suddenly gets to transfer to Bearden when that student starts high school but later leaves town because of suspension due to alleged improper conduct with student.....coach resigns for not firing assistants yet one of first assts they hired from a top ranked school suddenly is charged......? Etc etc etc have you ever heard of an AD not have playing experience, admin experience ??? How could that ever happen??? Poor leadership......not to mention how the academics have suffered and we now have ice hockey and lacrosse??

red and black

Kids out of zone, mute point, I know personally that two of the kids went there because parents asked some of the local college coaches which high school they should attend and they them Bearden, that's first hand not rumor. The admins there need to go. I don't have enough space here to tell you all of the things but here is a couple. A students favorite middle school teacher suddenly gets to transfer to Bearden when that student starts high school but later leaves town because of suspension due to alleged improper conduct with student.....coach resigns for not firing assistants yet one of first assts they hired from a top ranked school suddenly is charged......? Etc etc etc have you ever heard of an AD not have playing experience, admin experience ??? How could that ever happen??? Poor leadership......not to mention how the academics have suffered and we now have ice hockey and lacrosse??

Out of zone students are a given at successful programs. I don't think it is a huge surprise that so many basketball players end up at Bearden or Fulton, football players end up at Catholic, Maryville and Alcoa along with baseball players ending up a Farragut. College coaches have a pretty good grasp on the programs getting the players ready for the next level.

New to the forum and stumbled across this today looking for state bracket stuff. I have a nephew who goes to Bearden. From what he says, there were some serious allegations against the coach. I understand the helicopter parents concept, but if you or I did some of these things he's accused of to our kids, we might have gotten in trouble ourselves with social services or whatever. He did get suspended, so that states something and he decided to retire to maybe pre-empt getting booted, who knows. Obviously he has a great reputation as a coach and a teacher. There may be politics at play here too, I expect there is. Don't know anything about the principle or anyone else, maybe it was a conspiracy, who knows.  Maybe it was just time he moved on and helped another program. I don't think the girls coach will be the new coach, he's got a good thing going there and next season will be such a question mark for the boys team.

If he actually did "some of the things he was accused of doing to our kids" then he wouldn't have been brought back to finish the season and he would have been fired on the spot.  

Sorry, but that argument holds less than no water.  I stand 100% by my helicopter parents statement.  

If he actually did "some of the things he was accused of doing to our kids" then he wouldn't have been brought back to finish the season and he would have been fired on the spot.

Sorry, but that argument holds less than no water. I stand 100% by my helicopter parents statement.

Agree parents are upset with younger players coming in and taking playing time and varsity spots of upper class men. IMO hiring AAU coach to attract these younger players is what got all of these parents/players in an uproar. I agree Blevins did nothing to warrant his suspension.

Now on to the new coach. Heard last week the guy from CAK had been contacted and will accepted if offered. Also girls coach may be the favorite of administration?

Agree parents are upset with younger players coming in and taking playing time and varsity spots of upper class men. IMO hiring AAU coach to attract these younger players is what got all of these parents/players in an uproar. I agree Blevins did nothing to warrant his suspension.

Now on to the new coach. Heard last week the guy from CAK had been contacted and will accepted if offered. Also girls coach may be the favorite of administration?

I would be surprised if the coach from CAK would move. He's in a great situation there. IMO he's one of the best coaches in this area. He would have Bartlett ties from his Loudon days though.

CAK coach, I heard he wanted that job at one time but his experience with Bartlett changed his mind. However the dad of one of the kids who played for Blevinsa few years back ( the dad reportedly vowed to get Blevins) is an assistant at CAK along with his son I law.... Sounds like at least there is a plan:):):) but......Bartlett might not be there next year, a rumor