BREAKING NEWS Warren Co fires coach hires parents

Pioneersports

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Must be that part of the State as Franklin County's leadership interferes almost as bad. 'IF' I was a Coach there is two counties I would never apply at. Franklin and Warren! What is really sad is that BOTH of them could be powerhouses year after year with the right supervision and support by the administrations. Remember how tough it used to be at the 'Pit'(Lincoln County)? There you had a good coach and solid support.

It's not coach or administration problem. It's a PARENT problem stirring up nonsense. Parents always think they know more than coaches.

It's not coach or administration problem. It's a PARENT problem stirring up nonsense. Parents always think they know more than coaches.

Yes the parents are causing the problems, but I'll say that it is ABSOLUTELY an Administration problem that is the root cause of all of it. Something like this has to start way above the coach. It's the Principal, Superintendent & School Board that have let this culture grow and thrive for years and years until now it's just status quo.

The administration has to make it perfectly clear that they back the coaching staff, and will not let parents run the program. That they will not be swayed by texts and phone calls from parents griping about the coach or their son not getting enough playing time, so don't bother trying.

I'm not there but apparently this is not the case now. If the parents can cause this much disruption then it has to be so. If it wasn't then no one would even listen and just tell them to shut up. And it wouldn't be a topic on the T.

This can be changed. I know it can because Cookeville was in a similar situation 30 years ago. But it has to start at the top. And they have to mean it and stick by it.

I agree....mostly. The parents won't change. Generational ppl there in Warren Co.

But admin can change. They need a principal that will do what no principal has ever done there (a stab in the dark here), tell a parent NO. And a principal who is willing to back a coach when little Johnny and Jane don't get to play.

You'd have to go back to the early 80's to find a kid in McMinnville that is good enough to play serious college ball.