Watertown @ Forrest

Some interesting posts. I haven't seen the last 3 Forrest games. I don't know if I will make it to this one. 

I have no doubt that Watertown took Eagleville lightly and was looking ahead, so I'm not going to pile on there. 

One poster commented that he "didn't know anything about Forrest":

- Region 4 champs last year- undefeated in Region 4- defeated Watertown at Watertown 30-20 on physical second half domination. Watertown ran back opening 2nd half kickoff for score, and was shutout for remainder of game, 20-0.

- Region runner up in 2014. Absolutely spanked Region champ MTCS 49-14 with all-star QB Justin Winn, who were ranked 6 or 7 in 2A at the time. Winn ran for his life the entire night. Was 35-6 at halftime. Forrest's earlier loss to Huntland with 8 starters injured prevented them from winning District. 

- Forrest plays ball control. Physical. There will be hard crushing hitting for 4 quarters. They will be Watertown's best opponent so far by a mile. Passing game much improved from last year. Run game wears you down for 4 Q. No team yet has stopped it save the Westmoreland refs (also the last game I attended).  

- Forrest could also have looked ahead but instead throttled Cascade 43-7. 

I think everyone knows the magnitude of this game. I have no feel right now for the outcome. a 3 score difference either way is not likely. These are 2 very strong teams. There's been a lot fo love for Watertown and they are the overwhelming favorite on here and in the media. 

I don't think it will come down to kickers or penalties. Good ball security and crisp fundamentals. Which team will be in awe of the stage and which team will "act like they've been there before"? Neither team can afford a slow start, although Forrest did finish extremely strong last year. It's amazing how many folks are acting like that game never happened.  

Someone said "if Watertown plays their game" they will win.

I think the Rockets will have something to say about that.    

Some interesting posts. I haven't seen the last 3 Forrest games. I don't know if I will make it to this one. 

I have no doubt that Watertown took Eagleville lightly and was looking ahead, so I'm not going to pile on there. 

One poster commented that he "didn't know anything about Forrest":

- Region 4 champs last year- undefeated in Region 4- defeated Watertown at Watertown 30-20 on physical second half domination. Watertown ran back opening 2nd half kickoff for score, and was shutout for remainder of game, 20-0.

- Region runner up in 2014. Absolutely spanked Region champ MTCS 49-14 with all-star QB Justin Winn, who were ranked 6 or 7 in 2A at the time. Winn ran for his life the entire night. Was 35-6 at halftime. Forrest's earlier loss to Huntland with 8 starters injured prevented them from winning District. 

- Forrest plays ball control. Physical. There will be hard crushing hitting for 4 quarters. They will be Watertown's best opponent so far by a mile. Passing game much improved from last year. Run game wears you down for 4 Q. No team yet has stopped it save the Westmoreland refs (also the last game I attended).  

- Forrest could also have looked ahead but instead throttled Cascade 43-7. 

I think everyone knows the magnitude of this game. I have no feel right now for the outcome. a 3 score difference either way is not likely. These are 2 very strong teams. There's been a lot fo love for Watertown and they are the overwhelming favorite on here and in the media. 

I don't think it will come down to kickers or penalties. Good ball security and crisp fundamentals. Which team will be in awe of the stage and which team will "act like they've been there before"? Neither team can afford a slow start, although Forrest did finish extremely strong last year. It's amazing how many folks are acting like that game never happened.  

Someone said "if Watertown plays their game" they will win.

I think the Rockets will have something to say about that.    

Great post, much respect for your program. Good luck Friday night, hoping for a good one.

Quote from CPT97!

Beano,

I wouldn't consider it a fence. It's more like a wall. The Great Wall of FORREST! 

I decided to take my family on a Sunday drive to Marshall County.  I have been lucky enough to have seen the Great Wall of China, Berlin Wall in Germany and the Walls of Babylon in Iraq.  So, you could see how the Great Wall of Forrest would be high on my list to see.  As we drove around the Campus I could not see what I would have considered a Great Wall!  But, I did see a collection of small Rocks around the dumpster area.  CPT97, is that the Wall you were referring?

Couple quick stat bullets from Forrest D this year and Watertown's #11 last year's game vs Forrest:

Forrest D in 6 games has 5 int and 5 sacks- one would think they need more than one of each in this game Friday

Forrest D in 6 games has given up 911 yards, about 152 a game.

Last year #11 completed 10 of 20 vs Forrest for 122 yards. 1 TD, no picks. he also ran for a score.

Last year's game Forrest D gave up 167 yds rushing and 122 passing for 289 total in the Watertown game.  

All this info is online. 

Edited by Amerigha