Rhea County Off-season

kamerb

Excited for Rhea County football! Last night's intra-squad scrimmage at practice went very well. First team offense still has work to do, but, to be fair, the first team defense didn't give them any breaks, sacking Zach at least one good time and making him run it himself more often than not on pass plays. Second team offense and defense had a pretty good showing with the offense scoring on a run by sophmore fullback Jackson Langley (#23). Third team offense and defense went well. Offense scored once on a long run by sophmore wing Gabriel Maldonado (#11). First team offense only scored on a field goal by junior kicker Haden Frasier (#1). 

The take away for me, once again, was the dominance the defense was showing. Linebackers flying to the ball, linemen putting heavy pressure on the passing game, and the secondary keeping tight coverage was the norm when it was first team offense v. first team defense. The backups looked capable of providing depth. Should be a great season for the Eagles.

Looking forward to the scrimmage next Friday at home against Austin-East! Start time is slated for 7 PM. 

Edited by kamerb

4 minutes ago, Eagle4life55 said:

Yes, they scrimmaged Saturday night. It was pretty even, but in the end they won 21-14. We lost a fumble near the goal line going in and lost another fumble that really hurt. I think these things are to be expected in an early scrimmage so I would say that both teams were pretty equal.

Ok cool. I hadn't heard about it and he was saying he went.