2018 Rankings

GCPioneer

3rd-7th grade "Exposure" tournaments are a joke. Most teams this age play in AAU sanctioned tournaments which gives kids an opportunity to see that the world is bigger than whatever town or area that they live in. I am not a tournament director and no doubt they are making big money, but there are tons of kids that benefit. We will have to just agree to disagree here!

Agreed, finally someone with common sense. Parents hear Showcase and automatically think that there will be college coaches there, LOLOL that's simply not true. On some occasions there might be but there are very strict rules on when that is. And if you do a little research it's very easy to find out when that is.

JUCO and D3 is college to....SMH, Just because a kid don't play D1 don't make them any less of a player. At the end of the day it's about the education and I'm pretty sure that a degree from any D3 school would make any player happy. That was a very degrading statement.

Not meant to be a degrading comment. Just making a point that JUCO and D-3 level players are different than other levels. Kids cannot receive an athletic scholarship from a D-3 school and nowadays, kids can already go to JUCO schools for free through the lottery & TN Promise scholarships. I think you are misinformed about the current landscape of college basketball and the recruiting process. It doesn't matter if you like it or don't agree with it or think it is wrong. The fact is, kids don't get recruited to play college basketball at any level other than (D-3 and JUCO) without playing in Exposure Events. And, if I am wrong, please provide a couple of names of current college players that have been able to get a basketball scholarship without attending an Exposure Event. I wish the process was simpler, less expensive, less time consuming and easier, but it's not.

I can, but I think that naming kids on a website is wrong, maybe you don't. Especially if they're not mine. I'm sure their parents wouldn't appreciate it. 99% of kids can't play D1 and 80% can't play D2 so NAIA, D3 and JUCO gets the rest that want to play. NAIA can and will give athletic scholarships and NO you don't have to play showcases to get one. Again at the end of the day you don't have to play (these money pits) you call showcases to get a scholarship. Especially at the 3rd-10th grade level. I'm sure the tourney directors appreciate your support though.

Not meant to be a degrading comment. Just making a point that JUCO and D-3 level players are different than other levels. Kids cannot receive an athletic scholarship from a D-3 school and nowadays, kids can already go to JUCO schools for free through the lottery & TN Promise scholarships. I think you are misinformed about the current landscape of college basketball and the recruiting process. It doesn't matter if you like it or don't agree with it or think it is wrong. The fact is, kids don't get recruited to play college basketball at any level other than (D-3 and JUCO) without playing in Exposure Events. And, if I am wrong, please provide a couple of names of current college players that have been able to get a basketball scholarship without attending an Exposure Event. I wish the process was simpler, less expensive, less time consuming and easier, but it's not.

MartianMan is clearly misinformed on a lot of things pertaining to this... sometimes it is best to just let the ignorant be ignorant... I think he was the same guy that said anyone can play college basketball if they wanted to... Edited by GCPioneer

I think there so needs to be a differentiation between a good AAU program and "exposure" tournaments. I agree that an exposure tournament is certainly a stretch for 3rd through 7th grade. It's more important to get your kid plugged into a good AAU program around their 8th grade year. The right AAU program will provide the correct level of exposure for all of their players from D1 all the way down to junior college.

I think there so needs to be a differentiation between a good AAU program and "exposure" tournaments. I agree that an exposure tournament is certainly a stretch for 3rd through 7th grade. It's more important to get your kid plugged into a good AAU program around their 8th grade year. The right AAU program will provide the correct level of exposure for all of their players from D1 all the way down to junior college.

Well stated. AAU and Exposure are very different but most categorize it all under one blanket. AAU should provide skill development and encourage team play and love of the game. Exposure IMO is for the very elite 5% that have a "chance" to play at the next level. "Exposure" before High School is mostly non existent.

I can, but I think that naming kids on a website is wrong, maybe you don't. Especially if they're not mine. I'm sure their parents wouldn't appreciate it. 99% of kids can't play D1 and 80% can't play D2 so NAIA, D3 and JUCO gets the rest that want to play. NAIA can and will give athletic scholarships and NO you don't have to play showcases to get one. Again at the end of the day you don't have to play (these money pits) you call showcases to get a scholarship. Especially at the 3rd-10th grade level. I'm sure the tourney directors appreciate your support though.

I would love to know this secret formula that you know that gets kids scholarships while avoiding the travel/exposure circuit. Fact is, You are wrong again. And I hope you don't have a kid that is good enough to play college basketball. Because, if she wants to play and doesn't attend Exposure Events she has a <1% chance of getting signed or even recuited. Furthermore, the statistics show that 93.7% of high school girls players won't & can't play basketball at ANY college level. There is currently about 430,000 high school girl players in America and about 27,000 college girls basketball players. So, you do the math. About 6.3% are gonna make it to play in college. That's it. There is approximately 4,500 girls currently playing TN high school basketball. If 6.3% play in college, that's 284 total or about 70 seniors going to play in college each year from TN.

Wake up man, If you know some kid that wants to play college basketball and they have talent, then give them some good advice.... "Go play travel ball on a team that attends exposure events". It's not that complicated.

I would love to know this secret formula that you know that gets kids scholarships while avoiding the travel/exposure circuit. Fact is, You are wrong again. And I hope you don't have a kid that is good enough to play college basketball. Because, if she wants to play and doesn't attend Exposure Events she has a <1% chance of getting signed or even recuited. Furthermore, the statistics show that 93.7% of high school girls players won't & can't play basketball at ANY college level. There is currently about 430,000 high school girl players in America and about 27,000 college girls basketball players. So, you do the math. About 6.3% are gonna make it to play in college. That's it. There is approximately 4,500 girls currently playing TN high school basketball. If 6.3% play in college, that's 284 total or about 70 seniors going to play in college each year from TN.

Wake up man, If you know some kid that wants to play college basketball and they have talent, then give them some good advice.... "Go play travel ball on a team that attends exposure events". It's not that complicated.

Your crazy, I quote "70 seniors gonna play college bball" that's just simply not true. If all you consider college basketball is D1, then your crazy. Oh yea they all don't play in Tennessee man. Just where I live there is 14 seniors signed that I know of. Yea not D1 but still a basketball scholarship. But I forgot that that's below you. SMH! There is a level of basketball for everyone that wants to play.

Your crazy, I quote "70 seniors gonna play college bball" that's just simply not true. If all you consider college basketball is D1, then your crazy. Oh yea they all don't play in Tennessee man. Just where I live there is 14 seniors signed that I know of. Yea not D1 but still a basketball scholarship. But I forgot that that's below you. SMH! There is a level of basketball for everyone that wants to play.

At this point, you have proven yourself too ignorant to argue with!  I hope you are playing this dumb just to get people worked up.  Keep telling yourself that "There is a level of basketball for everyone that wants to play" and your daughter will be playing intramural basketball at  college that you are paying for in full!

Maybe the # 70 is a little low? IDK? But, from what I can tell, there is only about 35 colleges in TN that have women's basketball programs. If you 12 players on each team, that equals approx 420 college players in TN. Probably 20% of those players didn't even play high school ball in TN. But, let's assume they all did. If 25% of those players are Freshman then that's about 105. So maybe 105 TN high school seniors will find somewhere to play college basketball after this year? That's not very many (but it would be higher than the National Average). Probably 25% of those freshman will quit after their first semester or first year because they get no playing time & it's not the glamorous life that every kid thinks it is. It's a lot of hard work & long hours & a lot of kids can't handle the demands of what it takes at the next level.

Regardless, of Exactly how many there are, the fact remains.... You are not getting a basketball scholarship and your education paid for unless you get exposed, seen, noticed and recruited by a college coach. I don't know of another way to do that other than attending exposure tournament events. If you know another way, please share your knowledge of how it can be done since you know several current players that have done it.

Maybe the # 70 is a little low? IDK? But, from what I can tell, there is only about 35 colleges in TN that have women's basketball programs. If you 12 players on each team, that equals approx 420 college players in TN. Probably 20% of those players didn't even play high school ball in TN. But, let's assume they all did. If 25% of those players are Freshman then that's about 105. So maybe 105 TN high school seniors will find somewhere to play college basketball after this year? That's not very many (but it would be higher than the National Average). Probably 25% of those freshman will quit after their first semester or first year because they get no playing time & it's not the glamorous life that every kid thinks it is. It's a lot of hard work & long hours & a lot of kids can't handle the demands of what it takes at the next level.

Regardless, of Exactly how many there are, the fact remains.... You are not getting a basketball scholarship and your education paid for unless you get exposed, seen, noticed and recruited by a college coach. I don't know of another way to do that other than attending exposure tournament events. If you know another way, please share your knowledge of how it can be done since you know several current players that have done it.

I will say this.  In addition to exposure events, most schools do host elite camps where they can get a "look" at some potential prospects, but if that is the ONLY time that the coaches of that school see you, you better be playing the best you have ever played and be head and shoulders better than everyone else at the camp in order to be even considered to be given a scholarship.  Odds are though even doing that, the coach will want to know what exposure team you play for and what events you will be attending so that they can see you in game situations.  so then there's that, Martian.

Edited by BullShark