Macon County vs Knox Catholic Class AA State Tournament

MCFAN3

It's going to take Macon's game vs Tyner x2. Especially if Luke is on fire. I wouldn't be surprised if MC won just think Knox Catholic is the overall better team. Wish MC the best of luck!

I actually hope MC wins it all since the ESPN Basketball Analyst Hyperquick called them weak as water.

Catholic by 12 or more. MC came from a Weak District/Region & are happy to be there, as any team should be, but the party will be over soon. Best of Luck to Both Teams

Yeah when MC beat Upperman in the season he called them weak as water and MC went on to beat them 2 more times plus making it to the boro. I tend to like to bring it up when he makes stupid comments.

He mostly said it to take away the fact that Clay Co beat MC twice because he tends to show his disdain towards Tyreke Key and company for some reason.

I like Key, Great Kid,Wish him Nothing but the Best. But I also know what type of comp comes from the Upper Cumberland & it shows in all those State Titles in Boys Sports. Nothing against any Upper Cumberland Teams, I hope they do great , but I am also a realist & most are homers, and that's OK too

QSouth is correct. We've played several teams with strong post games. Also I can't imagine many teams being better outside shooters than Alcoa and CAK (which set several records for 3s in the Arby's Classic). All three Irish post players have been football players at some point and you can throw in Chase Kuerschen who is a physical specimen that was runner up for Mr. Football. The Irish have played a tough schedule and defeated Bearden twice who is in the AAA state tourney and Grace twice who is in the A state tourney. Only loss of the season was to private school runner up McCallie at their place playing without Jancek most of the game. Several of our players are 4 year starters so they have been battle tested.

Then there's the chemistry between these athletes. All of the seniors and juniors have played AAU, CYF, and KYS since second grade. I remember when this senior group finished 5th at AAU nationals as 7th graders. Not That any of this will factor into a victory, but they've played together a long time and I'm sure they will embrace the challenge presented by Macon County.

Catholic by 12 or more. MC came from a Weak District/Region & are happy to be there, as any team should be, but the party will be over soon. Best of Luck to Both Teams

We'll see about the party being over soon. It won't be 12 or more either if MC loses Edited by MCFAN3

Saying MC is "weak as water" is not being a realist, it's being ignorant.

The fact that MC dusted the entire district doesn't necessarily mean the entire district/region is weak.

Edited by PrinceOfHillsdale633