• Watermelon
  • Strawberry
  • Maroon
  • Orange
  • Gold
  • Emerald
  • Chocolate
  • Charcoal

Welcome to the upgraded message boards!  Please note: if you have been using a username to sign in that is different than the handle (display name) displayed on the boards, you must now sign in with either your handle (display name) or the email address associated with your account.  If you don't know what this means, then it probably doesn't affect you!

• Announcements

• CoachT

Report Scores to CoachT.com   08/12/2017

There are several choices for reporting scores to CoachT.com! In-game scores (updates during game) can be added on the Scoreboard by CoachT Plus members only All members can add final scores on our Scoreboard All members can add final scores on our Mobile Scoreboard All members can TEXT the finals to 615-763-9150 All members can leave a voicemail at 1-877-9COACHT (1-877-926-2248). You can also call that number to hear final scores wherever you are.
TeeterTot

New club team

clifford20    3

I do agree that Alliance is way behind KIVA and Munciana, however I don't think they are behind K2 top to bottom.  K2 is not at the M'ana or KIVA level either.   K2 and Alliance 15's beat Munciana-both in 2 sets fairly easy.  I would have loved to see K2 and Alliance 15's play.  Alliance beat them badly last year.  Alliance 15 lost to Kiva red 23 and 22.   It was a good match.   I do like K2's club a lot.   I always come away being impressed with their athletes.  It's impressive what they have built.

Top alliance teams just can't complete with top 20-30 teams consistently.  Just too many holes in their line ups.  The overall skill of their athletes just isn't there.  

Speaking of the 18's alliance team.   I heard that Logan will be enrolling at Texas this summer and graduating early.  Big news for the 2-3 other teams in the state that actually have a chance at beating them in AAA.  They will still win the state easily IMO. 

TeeterTot    2

She is enrolling early.  Brentwood will still start 6 D1 future players, just not the top high school player in the country next year.

19 hours ago, TeeterTot said:

I talked to 3-4 parents that left Alliance for TPV and they are not happy with the program.  With the exception of this tournament and Bluegrass, TPV plays the same teams over and over again in tournaments.  TPV 13's (who are supposedly their strongest age group) took 3 long sets to beat a weak Alliance 13 team.  Outside on the 13 age group, TPV had only 1 win in the Open division.

The Alliance 18-1 went to USAV Junior National Championships in Anaheim this past weekend and won the Gold Championship.

Overall, Alliance has the better talent and teams in mid-Tenn but as Camper said, they currently struggle in National tournaments with the exception on this 18's this past weekend.    

That was the TPV 132 team that beat the Alliance 131s in three. And while I agree that I've heard some rumblings about having to play the same teams over and over, Alliance did the same thing a few years back when they were in the Power League. I heard lots of complaints then about playing Choo Choo and Southern Performance over and over. What will be interesting is to see if TPV tries something different next year.

18 hours ago, TeeterTot said:

She is enrolling early.  Brentwood will still start 6 D1 future players, just not the top high school player in the country next year.

I had heard it was going to be after the fall; didn't realize it was this summer. Wow.

19 hours ago, clifford20 said:

I do agree that Alliance is way behind KIVA and Munciana, however I don't think they are behind K2 top to bottom.  K2 is not at the M'ana or KIVA level either.   K2 and Alliance 15's beat Munciana-both in 2 sets fairly easy.  I would have loved to see K2 and Alliance 15's play.  Alliance beat them badly last year.  Alliance 15 lost to Kiva red 23 and 22.   It was a good match.   I do like K2's club a lot.   I always come away being impressed with their athletes.  It's impressive what they have built.

Top alliance teams just can't complete with top 20-30 teams consistently.  Just too many holes in their line ups.  The overall skill of their athletes just isn't there.  

Speaking of the 18's alliance team.   I heard that Logan will be enrolling at Texas this summer and graduating early.  Big news for the 2-3 other teams in the state that actually have a chance at beating them in AAA.  They will still win the state easily IMO. 

I think things are going to improve drastically at Alliance with Ann running the show now. She's doing a masterful job with that 181s team as well.

Speaking of that Alliance 181s team....They won gold in the National division at USAV. Logan was the tournament MVP. Garrett and Tori were named to the all tournament team. Good to see Garrett back and playing well.

Edited by SummaryJudgment

TeeterTot    2
18 minutes ago, SummaryJudgment said:

That was the TPV 132 team that beat the Alliance 131s in three. And while I agree that I've heard some rumblings about having to play the same teams over and over, Alliance did the same thing a few years back when they were in the Power League. I heard lots of complaints then about playing Choo Choo and Southern Performance over and over. What will be interesting is to see if TPV tries something different next year.

And Alliance got out of that league for that precise reason......I'm pretty sure TPV was the ones organizing and promoting it.

7 minutes ago, TeeterTot said:

And Alliance got out of that league for that precise reason......I'm pretty sure TPV was the ones organizing and promoting it.

Actually no. Alliance was kicked out due to directorial issues. TPV is not organizing anything. They joined the SAVL in order to guarantee some quality competition to play against. The problem is the top clubs in the SAVL don't send their top teams to those power league tournaments. Again, why it will be interesting to see what they do next year.

Edited by SummaryJudgment

mama2two    0

I saw the Tennessean posted an article nothing the facility is still not closed yet. I thought the deadline was yesterday, but it seems there's been an extension granted. 

I do wonder what the future holds for the mid-state clubs. Oh if I had a crystal ball. :)

mama2two    0

So the headlines read that the building sold...TPV is telling their members that they'll be moving over to A-Game soon and Alliance is telling their members that decisions haven't been made. 
I guess it's time to worry about school ball again and wait to see what happens over on the club side when decisions are made. 
I wonder how many will stay where they are, how many will move around, what it will look like next year. I hear that this happens time to time with clubs - I'm just too new to have personal experience. It's enough to give me a panic attack.