blount county recruiting office

PeriodicPoster57

1 minute ago, matback said:

What I don’t understand is how they get away with it? And when does it start? 7&8 year olds? I’ve watched a lot of youth football in the past 5-6 years and I can tell you at 7 years old they get a piece of the playbook and by the time they are 12 they know 80% of it. Heck GQ knew all the kids by name. Now I’m not sure if DH knows all of them or had any part in them playing for the Rebels youth teams but something is fishy! I’m with you pp this is just crazy! Do the parents of these “recruits” move to Maryville or do they just “ pay” tuition? I’ve heard there are jobs available for the right studs dad. 

Don’t forget the constant turnover in cafeteria workers. We can always make room for a 5A mom 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, matback said:

What I don’t understand is how they get away with it? And when does it start? 7&8 year olds? I’ve watched a lot of youth football in the past 5-6 years and I can tell you at 7 years old they get a piece of the playbook and by the time they are 12 they know 80% of it. Heck GQ knew all the kids by name. Now I’m not sure if DH knows all of them or had any part in them playing for the Rebels youth teams but something is fishy! I’m with you pp this is just crazy! Do the parents of these “recruits” move to Maryville or do they just “ pay” tuition? I’ve heard there are jobs available for the right studs dad. 

Is it just unheard of that most of these boys have all grown up together in Maryville and have played together through the feeder system and that helps to make them good?  Yes, as a Little Reb, seven years old, our sons were handed a playbook. some of which, they still run today as seniors.  Sure, you have kids who move in to the area.  Whether they move in for their jobs or because they want to play football at Maryville, as long as they have a Maryville City address, it doesn't really matter.

2 minutes ago, MomTo81 said:

Is it just unheard of that most of these boys have all grown up together in Maryville and have played together through the feeder system and that helps to make them good?  Yes, as a Little Reb, seven years old, our sons were handed a playbook. some of which, they still run today as seniors.  Sure, you have kids who move in to the area.  Whether they move in for their jobs or because they want to play football at Maryville, as long as they have a Maryville City address, it doesn't really matter.

profile says youre from anchorage alaksa. george and co. recruting extraodiradnaes arent afraid to go to the en of the earth where the eskimos roam to get a little TE

Just now, PeriodicPoster57 said:

profile says youre from anchorage alaksa. george and co. recruting extraodiradnaes arent afraid to go to the en of the earth where the eskimos roam to get a little TE

Yep, that's my son's claim to fame.  Moved here when he was eight months old, but he's "from Alaska".  And he's far from little.  

41 minutes ago, HTV said:

Two things:

1.  If you are using Dooley as a baseline for comparison, then a ham sandwich would be a better football coach than he was.  

2.  Recruiting Tennessee?  Take a look at where the better players from this state are ending up, and especially the better players from Middle Tennessee.  Hint:  It isn't going to be in Knoxville.  Hint #2: See Master Teague, Tee Higgins, Amari Rogers, Cade Mays - just to name a few.  He has recruited some high profile players, but he has failed to see them develop, and the rate of attrition of players has signed is twice the average of the power 5 schools.  He can get them in, but they don't get to their potential, or they leave.  That's a huge red flag right there.  

Butch is a fraud.  He followed Brian Kelly at Central Michigan after Kelly had rebuilt that program.  He followed Mark Dantonio and Brian Kelly at Cincinnati after they had built that program.  He is in his 5th year at UT and the program is imploding.  There is no reasonable measurable that can say that Butch is a good football coach.  

Did Mays decommit?

2 minutes ago, PeriodicPoster57 said:

how comvenience is it to "move to the area" lofl 

If you meant "convenient", then why would it matter?  If my son was at a school where he wasn't getting college attention, you bet I would move to another district.  Doesn't necessarily have to be Maryville, but one that has a winning program!

UT should seriously consider Quarles for their staff. He has been recruiting the Knoxville area for years. That would pay dividends immediately. Maryville does recruit itself now, but I don't think anyone can honestly say there has never been any shenanigans as far as recruiting goes. It goes on in other places too, so I don't think many people can say too much.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Footballguru05 said:

UT should seriously consider Quarles for their staff. He has been recruiting the Knoxville area for years. That would pay dividends immediately. Maryville does recruit itself now, but I don't think anyone can honestly say there has never been any shenanigans as far as recruiting goes. It goes on in other places too, so I don't think many people can say too much.

Finally, a logical post from someone who isn't a "homer" or on drugs. :flower:

2 minutes ago, Footballguru05 said:

Refreshing to see such an honest post. We have to remember it's about the KIDS. We've got parents on here getting all in a tizzy over it! Let's relax. Another great Tennessee Friday night is almost upon us! Can't wait to see how it all shakes out for these kids! They've put a lot of work into this! Cheer for your teams, but remember, the most important thing is, having FUN and building CHARACTER! 

• Upvote 1