East (10-2) vs. Ridgeway (9-3) at Kirby - Playoff Q-final (The Rematch)

kwc

Big, Big, Big 4A quarterfinal rematch. East vs Ridgeway @ Kirby! This guarantees a SHelby County - City of Memphis team gets to the semi-final game ... which will be hosted in Memphis I believe, regardless of the winner. That means that the winner of the Pearl Cohn/Springfield game hits the road a comes to Memphis to face the winner of this game.

4A Bracket

BIG .... BIG game.

Who are you rolling with in this one?

Edited by kwc

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

East will try to redeem themselves from their earlier loss. I agree. This will be a very good one to go watch.

Allright EastMustang ... I know you are lurking in the shadows. What do you have to say about this one?

Yes we have been looking forward to this one. We made a lot of uncharacteristic mistakes that cost us in the first half and an inadvertent whistle cost us a touchdown to Ridgeway on a play we caused a fumble and recovered. As bad as we felt we played that night we got it back to 26-23 with numerous opportunities to win. The last TD they scored was on last play of game when we tried a Hail Mary and QB fumbled in end zone. Coach felt especially bad after game, cause he felt that he didn't put the players in the best position to win so he told them that that game was on him. So I suspect that he will bring his A game for this one. Everyone in Mustang country is excited about the opportunity to play Ridgeway again and to be playing in Memphis!

Yes we have been looking forward to this one. We made a lot of uncharacteristic mistakes that cost us in the first half and an inadvertent whistle cost us a touchdown to Ridgeway on a play we caused a fumble and recovered. As bad as we felt we played that night we got it back to 26-23 with numerous opportunities to win. The last TD they scored was on last play of game when we tried a Hail Mary and QB fumbled in end zone. Coach felt especially bad after game, cause he felt that he didn't put the players in the best position to win so he told them that that game was on him. So I suspect that he will bring his A game for this one. Everyone in Mustang country is excited about the opportunity to play Ridgeway again and to be playing in Memphis!

Yeah. It's sweet to be playing in the Bluff City isn't it?

Ya'll got what you wanted didn't you? A shot at redemption. It doesn't get any better than that!

East Mustangs in the house! Whew! I know Ridgeway over there sayin' ... "mayne, we gotta play East again! ... daaaaaang!"

LOL!

This game is going to be a real dandy! I think both teams will score points. The breaking point is if East can run the ball and play good defense, they'll represent Memphis in the semi finals... I think overall, East is a more complete team that plays a better overall game. Ridgeway however depends on big plays and rarely are they able to put together long drives without making mistakes. Again, this will be an awesome game!

Edited by Wilddog