Does anyone remember Nathan Aaron and John Crouch?

bigbobcat

Since I've been following Pickett hoops, the best three I've seen were Amonett, Bailey, and Aaron... All three were truly outstanding players... Crouch was also great, and very underrated... Asberry would round out the top 5, though he played his final year at Upperman...

As someone else said, it's amazing to see such great talent come out of such a small school year after year...

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i heard about some good players from pickett.i remember crouch,aaron and josh bailey playing.i heard aaoron was a mr basketball finalist that year.i know that wasnt but one game in the state tournament against halls that year,but, i thought josh bailey really impressed me with his ability to shoot and drive both.i thought aaron shoot well when he had an open shot but didnt drive as well as bailey did that game.keep in mind that was only one game i saw.crouch didnt shoot well at all that game.but bailey stuck in my mind that game who was the more dangerous to our team that game based upon what he was able to keep pickett in the game with his ability to shoot and drive.when we left aaron too much space witout being in his face from a long distance,he would nail a three point shot.

Ammonent Hands down is the best to ever come out of Pickett i mean who else as went to a D1 school? ther might be one or 2 more but nobody got a call from the ACC...........one the best college bball leagues with lots of national tittle to that way adn ammonet went to Wake Forest ppl hes #1 player all time!

thumb

825623106[/snapback]

I agree that Amonett Is right up there with Nathan. They both had over 3,000 points in their careers. That puts them side by side. Not many players in the state ever have a 3,000 pt. career. Yes-Amonett was super but he did not get a very good deal @ Wake Forrest, because he did not get to play alot.

But, we can not forget about Nathan either. He got a raw deal. His coach was not very supportive of Nathan even going to a 4 year college.

Everyone is titled to their own opinion, and I did not mean to offend anyone.

I agree that Amonett Is right up there with Nathan. They both had over 3,000 points in their careers. That puts them side by side. Not many players in the state ever have a 3,000 pt. career. Yes-Amonett was super but he did not get a very good deal @ Wake Forrest, because he did not get to play alot.

But, we can not forget about Nathan either. He got a raw deal. His coach was not very supportive of Nathan even going to a 4 year college.

Everyone is titled to their own opinion, and I did not mean to offend anyone.

825623285[/snapback]

Amonett got a great deal attending Wake Forrest, he got a full ride plus a great education, I am sure you meant the basketball aspected of it though. Actually, Amonett did not score 3,000 pts. He was just under that mark. But I know he didn't score over 3,000 pts.

Edited by CASC1995

i heard about some good players from pickett.i remember crouch,aaron and josh bailey playing.i heard aaoron was a mr basketball finalist that year.i know that wasnt but one game in the state tournament against halls that year,but, i thought josh bailey really impressed me with his ability to shoot and drive both.i thought aaron shoot well when he had an open shot but didnt drive as well as bailey did that game.keep in mind that was only one game i saw.crouch didnt shoot well at all that game.but bailey stuck in my mind that game who was the more dangerous to our team that game based upon what he was able to keep pickett in the game with his ability to shoot and drive.when we left aaron too much space witout being in his face from a long distance,he would nail a three point shot.

825622950[/snapback]

I would hate to be your ENGLISH teacher!!! :)

I know this is off topic but I heard Pickett is getting some transfers in next year....Maybe from LA or York. This just does not seem likely to happen to me. Is this true????

825625727[/snapback]

Only Transvere from LA Pc is gettin is Todd Smith he was a freshman last year..........and he can handle the ball really well.........but everybody knows that tha right boy will be taken care of that postion..........since everbody thought so highly of his brothers!...............but that is partely true there is ONE from LA goin else were