Individual Skills Camps for Summer

CoachT

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There is a topic "Youth Camps" on page 2 where some are listed for ages 8 through 11th grade. Some I know of are Carson Newman O-line camp, Cumberland College in KY, Univ. of KY has an excellent set of instructional camps in the summer, I know several folks say the UT camps are more about show than instruction and I know their program is better than UK, but UK seems to provide really good camps for middle through high school age kids that want to learn.

Nashville Storm has an awfully good coach in Patrick Abernathy with NFL experience and a strong desire to outreach to youth football. I think I can guarantee he will want to do some clinics if the demand is there. Would love to hear from some of you on this topic, as this will encourage Patrick. His 23-4 record over last 2 years isn't chopped liver, and he has both the desire andd a wide resume' to offer. Love to hear your ideas; if there is a void here, we'll do what we can to fill it.

Nashville Storm has an awfully good coach in Patrick Abernathy with NFL experience and a strong desire to outreach to youth football. I think I can guarantee he will want to do some clinics if the demand is there. Would love to hear from some of you on this topic, as this will encourage Patrick. His 23-4 record over last 2 years isn't chopped liver, and he has both the desire andd a wide resume' to offer. Love to hear your ideas; if there is a void here, we'll do what we can to fill it.

825625739[/snapback]

If he is interested in putting on a short two or three day camp for underprivileged kids grades 6 - 11 in the Appalachian Mt. area, contact me through coacht personal messenger and we might set up something for the week before or after the dead period.

If he is interested in putting on a short two or three day camp for underprivileged kids grades 6 - 11 in the Appalachian Mt. area, contact me through coacht personal messenger and we might set up something for the week before or after the dead period.

825627054[/snapback]

Iwould contact Patrick at patrickabernathy@hotmail.com or (615)573-5543 and inform him of your interest. IWOULD DO THIS NEXT WEEK,as Patrick has Storm tryouts this Saturday and is, I am sure, "slammed".

It's hard to get more interested in youth football than Patrick is; he is the part of our ownership group that mandated a heavy outreach for youth, Middle School, High School football. East Tennessee may be a stretch or may not (we always have PLAYERS whose careers started in that area). You'll get an empathetic voice on the other end of the line, I can tell you that.

Iwould contact Patrick at patrickabernathy@hotmail.com or (615)573-5543 and inform him of your interest. IWOULD DO THIS NEXT WEEK,as Patrick has Storm tryouts this Saturday and is, I am sure, "slammed".

It's hard to get more interested in youth football than Patrick is; he is the part of our ownership group that mandated a heavy outreach for youth, Middle School, High School football. East Tennessee may be a stretch or may not (we always have PLAYERS whose careers started in that area). You'll get an empathetic voice on the other end of the line, I can tell you that.

825627218[/snapback]

I know of one 'kid' for sure that would come to his camp from middle Tn if it was held during the summer 'dead period'.

EAST TENNESSEE QUARTERBACK AND RECEIVER SCHOOL

FOR RISING 5TH - 8TH GRADERS

The purpose of this camp is to provide instruction related to passing and receiving the football.

The camp will focus on introducing drills and techniques that will help develop skills related to quarterback and receiver play.

Dates:

June 13-16

Time:

9 AM-3:00 PM

Everett Recreation Center, Maryville

Cost:

$75.00 (includes camp T-shirt)

Instructors:

Maryville High School Coaching Staff

George Quarles and the MHS staff are hosting and working their first QB and Receiver camp this summer at the Maryville-Alcoa Parks & Rec. Call (865-983-9244) or drop by the Parks & Rec if you're interested.

EAST TENNESSEE QUARTERBACK AND RECEIVER SCHOOL

FOR RISING 5TH - 8TH GRADERS

The purpose of this camp is to provide instruction related to passing and receiving the football.

The camp will focus on introducing drills and techniques that will help develop skills related to quarterback and receiver play. 

Dates:   

June 13-16

Time:

9 AM-3:00 PM

Everett Recreation Center, Maryville

Cost:

$75.00 (includes camp T-shirt)

Instructors:

Maryville High School Coaching Staff

George Quarles and the MHS staff are hosting and working their first QB and Receiver camp this summer at the Maryville-Alcoa Parks & Rec. Call (865-983-9244) or drop by the Parks & Rec if you're interested.

825629091[/snapback]

Here are the Middle Tennessee Camps I've been able to find on the internet;

MTSU; Rising Junior-Senior Camp, June 5- www.goblueraiders.com

MTSU: Lineman Camp: June 12-15; Grades 8-12-www.goblueraiders.com

MTSU: Youth Day Camp; June 13-15; Grades 1-8- www.goblueraiders.com

MTSU; 7 on 7 passing camp; TBA- www.goblueraiders.com

Vanderbilt; 7 on7 passing camp and lineman challenge, June4- brian.reese@vanderbilt.edu

Vanderbilt; Senior Elite All-Position Camp- June 5- brian.reese@vanderbilt.edu

Vanderbilt; High School All-Position Camp-June 12- brian.reese@vanderbilt.edu

Drew Bennett/Erron Kinney (Titans)- Sports International Football Camps, July 12-16-(800) 555-0801; Nashville

I could be wrong, but the area least served by the available offerings is youth football(although MTSU may have a good camp in this area), and I don't know the age groups served by the Bennett/Kinney Camp.If there is high demand in the younger age groups, I know the Storm and Patrick Abernathy would be very interested in filling a void; whether that exists is up to your input.Patrick can be contacted at (615)573-5543 or patrickabernathy@hotmail.com.