Marion Co. 11 Central 5

surfermania9

Doesn't suprise me at all. Marion has a good group of Juniors who can play. The top and middle of their line-up is better than most people think. They can hit the baseball with anybody in 6-AA this year. Pitching is their only question mark once you get past Travis Jones #7.

I agree, Marion's junior class is stout. Chris Kopek is a very versatile player and strong at the plate with a great stroke, will make a good college player. Zach Guyear is probably the top hitter in the district along side Josh Sitz of Grundy Co., not to mention a great glove in center, you will definately see him at the next level. Derek Ladd has one great plate presence, a very smart hitter and player, taught by a great coach and man, Coach Ted Ladd, if someone takes a chance on his size, he will contribute in the college ranks. Ronnie Smith is a very solid first baseman with a big stick at the dish. Stew Sowder, early ankle injury has sidelined him to limited action, is a good, smart pitcher and has a pretty good bat. Jake Smith is a very good fielder, once the season gets goin you will hear his name a lot more.

I know i'm leaving off one and i apologize but these group of guys is the best group of players to come through since the 1998-1999 season. Look for the to do big things under the radar.

Steven Roberts (also the basketball coach) is the coach of this team and doing a good job with the guys. Good luck Warriors.

I thought losing Jody Jones and Brent Layne would hurt the offense a lot, but maybe not. Who else do they start on the mound aside from T. Jones?

825628087[/snapback]

Derek Ladd, Stewart Sowder, Chris Kopek, Ronnie Smith, Johnathan Willis, Zeke Guyear will all see mound time for Marion this year. Stewart is a smart pitcher with a good curve, D ladd is a smart lefty, Kopek is tough with his unusual approach and Zeke should see a lot of mound time as a freshman, the kid is smart and has great potential to get a lot of ground ball outs, only if he is given the chance.