2005 Mr. Basketball Winners

CoachT

I have only seen him play twice, and I never saw him throw a temper tantrum. But, at the State Tournament when he thought he got fouled and didn't get the call he turned around and made pouty faces and jawed to the refs thinking he was suppose to get every call.

825627161[/snapback]

Almost every player that got a charge called on them made a face. Alot of players that I could name but will not, made faces if they thought a foul should have been called (& he was wearing green). This person did not do this during one game it was every game he played & he made the face all the way back down the court. He also was a good player. Want to talk about jawing, Middleton players did plenty of that after time outs to the ref standing in the middle of the floor waiting for the opposing team to break the huddle. They were good players. They all do it, why pick on one guy?

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest ladyfalcon10

The only reason anyone is bringing up a temper tantrum is because of the game against us. Who cares the season is over and Doaks won it. He is just like every other kid, you don't get the call you want it upsets you. That night he made a mistake, but he fixed it. He came back into the regionals and showed everybody what kind of player he is. He kept one of his teammates from fighting during a game in regionals. It seems like because he got kicked out of the game against us and 2 more games everyone doesn't like him. Go to any game in TN and you will see the same thing everyone is talking about on here. Grow up and leave Doaks alone. Everyone making a fuss about it on here is not going to change the outcome, he had already won it GET OVER IT!!!!!!!! :o

Edited by ladyfalcon10

All who are upset about Tyler Smith finishing second in the Mr. Basketball race, should be happy he lost to a player of Thaddeous Young's caliber. He averaged 23 points, 12 rebs, 6 assists, 4.3 steals, and 2.3 blocks a game which is phenomonal. The best basketball in Tennessee is played in the west, specifically Memphis and Thad stood out as the best AA player in the city. With the type of competition and talent playing East Tennessee, Tyler would have helped his cause had he averaged over 30 points.

No more talk about who should be ranked state's top senior on coacht.com after a consensus top 5 point guard absolutely dominated competition and forced teams to design defenses to slow him down, considering he couldn't be stoppped. I said for a while that Reginald Delk isn't as good a player as J.P. and Delk's lackluster performance against Rideway's small backcourt isn't the only reason, but the proof is in the putting. To lay it all to rest Ridgeway finsished on top of AAA team basketball, and J.P. Prince ended up the King of AAA players.

The only reason anyone is bringing up a temper tantrum is because of the game against us.  Who cares the season is over and Doaks won it.  He is just like every other kid, you don't  get the call you want it upsets you.  That night he made a mistake, but he fixed it.  He came back into the regionals and showed everybody what kind of player he is.  He kept one of his teammates from fighting during a game in regionals.  It seems like  because he got kicked out of the game against us and 2 more games everyone doesn't like him.  Go to any game in TN and you will see the same thing everyone is talking about on here.  Grow up and leave Doaks alone.  Everyone making a fuss about it on here is not going to change the outcome, he had already won it GET OVER IT!!!!!!!! :o

825627200[/snapback]

Good post.

It's my understanding that Webb was talked about, just not pushed. Ask his coach if he really pushed for Webb. I was surprised that Doaks was in the running & not Webb, figuring that Webbb would be his tightest contender. And Skogen was sure to be the favorite. How long have we been hearing that name. What  I  don't get is why is the media, the paper media the ones who nominate these players?

825627171[/snapback]

All media registered with the TSSAA are supposed to get a nomination ballot. From those ballots, a collection of 9 individuals consider the nominations and recommendations from coaches and name three finalists. The the 9 individuals (3 from each section of the state - west, middle, east) vote on the finalists and the player with the most votes wins. It's done the week of the start of the earliest district tournaments. The voting was February 18th I believe.

Where was JP during State Tourney??? Heck, where was he after the first round of region??? JP couldn't even lead his team to higher than a 4th place district tourney finish with a deep and talented roster around him... JP struggled against Fairley when it counted and lost, while Reginald carried Northisde with a HUGE game against Fairley in a win... One player went home against Fairley, and one marched on to the State tourney...

JP is a very good player with a HUGE upside, but just because he won Mr. Basketball (politics) and Reginald had one bad game (after their coach made them run and intra-squad scrimmage the day of the title game due to some kids on the bench missing curfue), doesn't make JP the better player...

Reginald Delk carried an overachieving North Side team to the STATE FINALS... Reginald Delk remains the #1 Senior in the State... JP remains #3 behind Tyler Smith...

Tyler should have won Mr. Basketball in AA this year. I am a big west Tn/Memphis fan, but this year was Tyler's year to win the award. Thaddeus is a great player and will play for money someday, but this year was Tyler's year to be the best in AA. And if I did take someone esle, I would have taken Kemp, with his leadership... All three were great finalists, but Tyler would have been my pick...

overachieving North Side team?? gomab even you know that Reginald had alot of help around him...his brother, Coleman, Coman...that team made it right where they should have been, the state title game. JP on the other hand was a different story, anybody that knew basketball knew that White Station wasnt goin back to the boro without alot of luck on their side. that being said, i've seen both play enough that i can honestly say there isnt MUCH difference between the 2. i think Reginald was better this season, put up about the same number despite having other scorers on his team, but Prince is definitely the more appealing college prospect with his size. realdeal and gomab yall are both partial to your guys and im sure yall wont give in but from an unbiased fan, they are about the same....i'd take Delk now but Prince in the long run.

Thad will be the best out of these 3 someday but he should have finished 3rd in the voting this year. yall know my support for Kemp but even i'll admit that Smith should have won. he was a 3 time finalist, only senior, and he had the best stats of the 3...and for realdeal's comment i could have swore they said Smith averaged 31 a game.