What task is harder to complete during a game?

PioneerPride81

if you go by stats from the majors(only because i woudln't know where to go look up to see how often it happens in high school) but it is easily seen that the perfect game is the hardest, because it doesn't happen near as many as the others...i would then have to say the triple play is the next hardest, maybe 10 years back i would have the cycle next, but the frequency of hitting for the cycle has increased almost 350% in that timeframe, guys you haven't even heard of are fitting for the cycle in the majors, i believe there were 7 guys alone that hit for hte cycly last major league baseball season(dont know if there were that many triple plays or not, i only remember seeing 3 or 4 on espn) but there was only 1 perfect game

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm going with triple play. If your playing a really bad team, Howard for example. You can throw a perfect game fairly easily and can get alot of hits and have it shape out that way. But the triple play has to be a right spot right time type thing. Example for the perfect game and cycle thing.......In our first game against Howard, Aaron Smith and Jake LeBlanc combined for a perfect game and Brandon Lamb was a single shy of the cycle, hitting a home run, a triple, and a double. But it depends on the opponent.

All of these things are hard to accomplish. In the majors yes the perfect game is the hardest to come by but we are talking about High School and I'm gonna say that the perfect game would be the easiest(not saying it's easy at all but the easier of the three) Because you take a pitcher like Bubba Vincent for CC or Bryan Morris for Tullahoma and throw them against a poor hitting team and you will get several perfect games. Just last year Vincent as a Junior threw a no hitter and had one walk stand in his way of a perfect game and that was against tullahoma and they are far from a bad team. I'm going to say that the triple play and hitting for the cycle are a tie for the hardest. I have never seen either one of them happen in a high school game in person. But these are all hard....tough comparison

Major Leagues- Perfect game ios definitely the hardest

High School- Hitting for the cycle- my reasons are high school games are only seven innings. In a usual game a player only gets 3 ABs, maybe 4. Also the size of the fields matter. If you play in a small park, triples will be very hard to come by. If you play in a big park, a home run is going to be hard.

ive played in a perfect game and i think ive seen a triple play before, maybe twice but ive never seen someone hit for the cycle. that being said, i still think a perfect game is the hardest. like someone said earlier, a lot more has to go right for you, you cant slip and hit a guy or give up a bloop hit or even an error.  ill say perfect game is hardest, then cycle, then triple play.

825624835[/snapback]

you are rigth, perfect game is the hardest...

you obviously werent on the right team for the cycle..... i would say farragut had at least 3 or 4 last year with eldridge and waldrop

Edited by STATEment04

:o If we get to qualify our answers, then an unassisted triple play is exponentially harder than the average triple play. Hitting for the cycle in order would be tougher than getting your triple first and then getting the rest. Statistically speaking, the perfect game is tougher. Even weak hitting teams can get plunked or walked. A triple play is usually just a caught line drive away from happening almost any night. Not many people hit for the cycle, but if you get your triple and dinger early, you can stop on whichever base you want to complete it.

I may be biased because i'm a pitcher, but at this level i think it's the hardest because the pitcher can't control errors. An error ruins your perfect game, plus you can never tell where the ump's zone will be. That means an ump or fielder could possibly ruin it if you're unhittable. Those are just my thoughts.