Best Batting Avgs.

17bulldogs

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Batting averages are a useless stat. It all depends on the bookkeeper. And rarely are the books right!!

825626937[/snapback]

I don't know about useless. In a given season, I'm sure a hitter will either gain or lose a few hits due to the bookkeeper, but if you see someone hitting .500 deep into the season, it's likely they earned it. Likewise, someone hitting .125 probably hasn't been getting robbed in the books too much.

I'll take the RBI's guy over average guy. If you can have both then you've really got something.

Some of these small school districts have very little pitching and so batting averages are going to be inflated plus it still early. There are plenty of players in the Middle TN area that hit for average against average pitching but when they face pitchers with better stuff then there usually toast.

Average right now mean little. Wait a couple more weeks and you'll start to see the cream risen to the top.