Rob Sorrel

Sparx

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This kid cannot be stopped in AAA. He has already ran a 9:24 2 mile and a 4:22 indoor mile.

825626008[/snapback]

I think they only person that could stop Sorrell is Sorrell. He's the top of the AAA heap this year, he's already so far ahead that any improvements he makes will keep him out front.

Crazy thing is, most years we would be very exciting by a 9:24 right now, talking about the potential for a state record. This year, we have a wonderkid from Nashville who's still THIRTY PLUS SECONDS in front of that :P

I recall everyone talking about how Bumbi was going to triple last year but I don't think that happened. Sure Sorrell is running fast right now but the season is just getting started. I have a dark horse or two that I believe will give him a run for his money in the 1600 when state rolls around!!

I'm referring more to the 3200, but I'd think he's the 1600 favorite as well. Just seeing how far he is in front of Herringshaw (who is awesome) in the 3200 is what is so humbling to the rest of AAA right now. Comparing it to Bumbi trying to triple isn't quite parallel because any distance triple is brutal in one day, and also due to the fact he was simply worn down by a kid who is now a NCAA Division I XC national champion.

But using the term "darkhorse" is certainly a good choice of word...there will certainly be underlooked runners who make a great go of it and there is a long, long way to go.

I recall everyone talking about how Bumbi was going to triple last year but I don't think that happened. Sure Sorrell is running fast right now but the season is just getting started. I have a dark horse or two that I believe will give him a run for his money in the 1600 when state rolls around!!

825626486[/snapback]

Michael, you change your opinion so fast it makes my head spin. Just the other day you were bragging about "your boy" Sorrell and saying that he was gonna win the 3200, 1600 and maybe even the 800. Now you think that someone in AAA (besides Herringshaw) can actually challenge him? Please. As long as he improves as the year progresses, he will win the 3200 and 1600 and place top 4 in the 800. He will have a legit shot to triple next year, but not this year. He has already ran 4:22 INDOORS. That is faster than the next fastest guy's pr (Herringshaw 4:23 outdoor) in the state and you think there is a darkhorse that will challenge him? Gimme a break. Herringhsaw can, but he's no darkhorse!

Also, Bumbi WILL triple. Ollie won't be able to hang with him in the 800. And you know it!

Edited by Runthe800

Also, Bumbi WILL triple. Ollie won't be able to hang with him in the 800. And you know it!

825627379[/snapback]

Bumbi is certainly the favorite for the 800, but he may try to lower the state 1600 record the day of state, and his 1:54 was in a race, Townsend ran his 1:55 all by himself in the windy rain, no pacer or competition. It suprises me Bumbalough doesn't run faster in the 800, with a 4:06 mile PR.