Where is the Sprint Kings? in midstate

sprint247

Kenwoodrun you are right, I should'nt say they will win because there are no guarantees in track and field because...... anything can happen a dropped stick, injury,.....etc. So I will say if everyone stays healthy and get into good shape there is a chance they could win a state championship. Better huh :D

I'm not underestimating Nashville, I know they will bring it. I just think NE 4 x2 will be one of the best in the region. It's kool Kenwoodrun.

p.s. Your Coach Finley, kool, da skinny guy! j/k :P

825630582[/snapback]

Well said. And yeah, I do look like I weigh about 50 pounds. I was a distance runner (I know that is not hard to believe). Coach McNeil and I ran college cross country together.

We look forward to coming to your meet next weekend, we love relay-only meets.

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know I was the last one to update this thread, but I just came from the prelims for the Scott Hartman Relays, and Hillwood looks real strong and they didn't even have their most dominant runner on any of their relay teams. I can't think of the kids name but he competed in the 100, 200, and the 400. I didn't get the times for the 2 or the 4, but he ran a 10.6 in the 1. I think the midstate needs to watch out for this kid. He is legit!!!!!

• 2 weeks later...

Following up on my earlier post...Franklin is definitely going to score some points in the section, I was right about that much. But to look at the Scott Hartman results, it looks like they are working hard w/ Hewitt (who is already going in the low 22's and 48's) and a new breakthrough hurdler (I think the coach's son). This guy is going 40 flat in the intermediates, which still isn't where McGavock's Sloss is. I would definitely pick Sloss to win the 300IH in the section. Any, Franklin may not be looking so much towards the relays, but they are going to score deep and they apparently have a ton of guys out that could help.

Following up on RHS's post, I think Rossview's girls 4x4 are so good that they could actually be the favorite over Brentwood at this point. They are great. What is even scarier is watching them jog times in the 48's for the 4x1. I think that 4x1 and the 4x4, should Rossview decide to load them both up, could both have a shot at winning the whole thing.

• 4 weeks later...
I guess everyone forgot about riverdale. but reading the way u guys talk, they have the best chance in the relays. They lost no legs from their state teams last year.keep in mind that their best times so far: 4x100 42:6 4x200 1:29 4x400 3:29

825668282[/snapback]

Is that right? Its not listed on any other websites.....Those first two would be the best times in the state and the third time like 4th or 5th best.

I've seen a few people on coacht talking about junior James Vaughn out of Page High School in Franklin, but not too many. I guess Vaughn is the best kept secret in the state. He's the new "fastest man" in Tennessee according to westrun.com.

He apparently joined track for the first time this year, and his times are amazing. He won the 100m at the Kenwood Classic with a 10.72 in miserable conditions, won the Mid-State Rotary Meet at Tullahoma against some incredible competition with a 10.88, had a hand-timed 10.40 at the Middle Tennessee Championships, and took silver at the prestigiuos Great Eight at Vanderbilt with his slowest time of the year, 11.11. He was just .03 seconds behind the gold medal with that time.

Those times would have won the A-AA 100m last year by a long shot, not to mention AAA and Division II. Even with L'Marcus Coker. The closest A-AA competition to Vaughn is Littlejohn out of Carter or Yi Chieh Chang out of MLK. But they're not that close.

Vaughn is not as strong at the 200m as he is at the 100m, but won the Kenwood Classic where he was laser-timed at a 22.49. That would have been a bronze in A-AA last year and a bronze at the Great Eight.

He is hands down Middle Tennessee's SPRINT KING! thumb

top 100m performances.

825668859[/snapback]

We've had some sprint kings have their coming out party at Classic. Centennial's Mardy Scales put himself on the map with an FAT 10.54 a few years back...then Coker threw down the gauntlet at Classic '03...and I think Vaughn hung his star in the sky this year. Remember, he had to go through prelims in the 100 and the 200 and he still posted that impressive double. He looked sluggish out of the 200 blocks in the final, but when he got out of the turn, he just looked ferocious. He's the best sprinter I've seen this year in any classification.

We've had some sprint kings have their coming out party at Classic. Centennial's Mardy Scales put himself on the map with an FAT 10.54 a few years back...then Coker threw down the gauntlet at Classic '03...and I think Vaughn hung his star in the sky this year. Remember, he had to go through prelims in the 100 and the 200 and he still posted that impressive double. He looked sluggish out of the 200 blocks in the final, but when he got  out of the turn, he just looked ferocious. He's the best sprinter I've seen this year in any classification.

825668867[/snapback]

Coach the new site is up if you would like your old job back please let me know