Good Job Tribe 9-0!

cherokee#1fan

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I watched McMinn Co play Columbia in the sectionals last year and I was really impressed with their offense. McMinn won 3-0 but their goalkeeper seemed a little nervous. That was my only concern about them. Their little guy Andy Slack was all over the place. He is a great player. Two years ago when i watched Farragut beat them in state 9-0 he was the only player that didnt seem to quit and he was only a sophomore or freshman then. They will definitely be back in state again this year. As far as running up a score sometimes its hard to control it. If a team is up by 7 or 8 goals late in the game and their starters are still playing then its a problem but if they are playing their subs and the game is still a romp there isnt much you can do. This makes for a good debate. There are alot of sub mediocre teams out there and the only way to improve their program is to compete against these stronger teams. If a team is getting beat 9-0 and the other team is just playing keep away with the ball that can also be embarassing so like I said it makes for a good debate on how to handle it.

Edited by freekick2001

Perhaps we should start a new thread. Which is more insulting, having a team play keepaway against you, or playing all out and beat you by 10 or more.

As a coach, it is sometimes very difficult to try not to insult your opposition. Just as we did at Rhea Co. last week, we played EVERYBODY-- all but 6 of our 36 got into the match. And those 6 would have played had it not been for their violation of team rules.

I would be interested in how players feel about this, or even parents, or other coaches.

Cree, I too am one of your fans now. I agree you sometimes can't control the score , well but you don't have to beat someone 28-0 like Science Hill did last year, but 9 or 10 is hard not to do against a much weaker team, sometimes 15 is hard not to do. I think the opposition on here was that it seemed someone from your school was saying hey we won 9-0 yep we bad now! After your comments I see that wasn't a team thought. Keep on winning and good luck!

I agree. You sometimes cant control the score. Either way its hard on the other team. Run up the score or play keep away. Witha alot of sub mediocre teams out there its hard to keep the score down. Its all in how you conduct yourself. I met the McMinn Co coach at the Columbia McMinn Co sectional game last year and he seems like a real class guy. Im sure regardless of the situation in the Rhea Co. game his players conducted themsleves professionally.

Perhaps we should start a new thread.  Which is more insulting,  having a team play keepaway against you, or playing all out and beat you by 10 or more. 

As a coach, it is sometimes very difficult to try not to insult your opposition.  Just as we did at Rhea Co. last week,  we played EVERYBODY-- all but 6 of our 36 got into the match.  And those 6 would have played had it not been for their violation of team rules. 

I would be interested in how players feel about this, or even parents, or other coaches.

825630496[/snapback]

I played against you in the rhea co. game and felt that we had many chances to score which ,myself included, could not capitalize on. So it could have been a different story but it wasn't it was just another thrashing by McMinn County. Maybe next time we will perform better than we did that night. So we will see you in the district tourny if not we will see you next year. Good Luck with the rest of your season.