Titans first round pick

since we're all argueing about wether it should be Williams or Edwards(both wr's) with the first pick i just wanted to share something with yall that i read earlier. the last time Tennessee(not even in TN then i dont think) spent a first round draft pick on wr was in 98....they took the first wr of the draft and it was Kevin Dyson who hardly played this past season....the next wr taken was Randy Moss, probably the best wr in football. man i hope we dont do something like that this year.

back to who the better wr is...Edwards is ranked higher on espn and got a grade of 99 which was the highest of any player and Williams got a 97. their knock on Williams is that he is gettin to big and my have to become a rb in the future. he weighs 230 and only run a 4.59...Edwards run a 4.45. sure Williams is 6'4 1/2 but Edwards is 6'3 which is still great size for a wr and appears to be the safer pick in the long run. i just hope we dont let another Randy Moss slip by.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok...like I said.."they would struggle to make the playoffs." I stand by that statement...yes I agree the Titans were hurt by injuries...That's their own problem. Now they are losing guys to free agency...

I dont think anyone has said Mike Williams will be a runningback...they said H-BACK...which is something completely different (Chris Cooley for the Skins is an H-back if you've seen him).

Edwards is a better WR right now...Williams has more upside...hes bigger, stronger, and has more big play ability...plus Edwards is known for dropping a lot of passes.

Ok...like I said.."they would struggle to make the playoffs."  I stand by that statement...yes I agree the Titans were hurt by injuries...That's their own problem.  Now they are losing guys to free agency...

I dont think anyone has said Mike Williams will be a runningback...they said H-BACK...which is something completely different (Chris Cooley for the Skins is an H-back if you've seen him).

Edwards is a better WR right now...Williams has more upside...hes bigger, stronger, and has more big play ability...plus Edwards is known for dropping a lot of passes.

825634635[/snapback]

Edwards is bigger than most wr's, faster, more athletic, will make more defenders miss than Williams, and weight isnt a concern. Edwards likely wont be available at #6 anyway...i just rather have a guy that doesnt have questions about his weight surrounding him, which could cause a position change down the road. you're right about the h-back instead of rb i was mistaken.

the last time Tennessee(not even in TN then i dont think) spent a first round draft pick on wr was in 98....they took the first wr of the draft and it was Kevin Dyson who hardly played this past season....the next wr taken was Randy Moss, probably the best wr in football. man i hope we dont do something like that this year.

825634144[/snapback]

The best decision the Titans have ever made, I am glad they didnt draft that THUG!

Guest The_Siegel_Senior_ptII
The best decision the Titans have ever made, I am glad they didnt draft that THUG!

825634900[/snapback]

wow they would be incredible if they did though...

Guest The_Siegel_Senior_ptII
i would gladly take him! he might have got that extra yard a few years ago.

825634954[/snapback]

my point exactly...that extra foot of "thugness" and his arms=SuperBowl Champs?

we will never know that.... anything is possible...  B)

825636042[/snapback]

Cant believe you guys would have someone like that on your team! And they would have been in the SB if he had played for the Titans, he is a me player, not a we and that will prevent him from winning a SB until he changes his attitude! thumb