TN's next National Champion?

rigger101

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Does anyone have a chance to win the National High School Coaches Association (NHSCA)?

Jordan Lean won it last year and we had 1 All American.  Who has a shot from this years group? 

Who is going?

I think Justin Knox has a shot for AA who else?

825630429[/snapback]

So Knox is the only one going?

I Hope we have a better representation than that.

So Knox is the only one going?

I Hope we have a better representation than that.

825630589[/snapback]

This is what I saw on the web site. There are a lot of great wrestlers from our state no on here. It's a great event and one that should not be missed.

112 Coleman, Danny TN 2 1 2 1 - - -

112 Diaz, Dan NJ - - - - - - -

-

119 Dunning, Whitt TN 6 1 1 1 - - - - - -

130 Miller, Pete TN - - - 2 - - -

- -

- - -

135 Cleveland, Cody TN 3 2 1 1 - - -

160 Borneman, Lucas TN - 2 3 1 - - -

-160 Davis, Bond TN - 2 1 2 - - - 160 Davis, Jamitra SC 4 2 2 1 - - -

160 Marable, Nicholas TN -2 -1 -1 -1 - - -

171 Knox, Justin TN - 4 2 1 - - -

275 Allen, Stewart TN - -Q -Q -2 - - -

275 Hazlett, Benjamin TN - - 2 1 - - -

Wher are the rep's at 140, 145, 152, 189?

Where's Kenny Merideth? Where's Mayo, Barnett and others? Your State needs you to represent! :P thumb

I hope we have a better turn out than the great young men that have all ready registered.

Edited by rigger101

Rigger,

I was able to spend a little time with Justin Knox this weekend and watch hime wrestle a few very tough kids. He is a credit to the Farragut program and Tennessee wrestling. A great young man and a very good wrestler.

On the other hand..........

Is it a gift or do you spend a great deal of time thinking up dumb things to post? Most every wrestler in the USA is aware of the Senior Nationals Wrestling Tournament. I am fairly certain if they wanted to go they would register and go. They do not need a graphiti poster calling them out on a message board.

I thought I knew what the numbers by the wrestlers were, but they seem inconsistent with what I believed them to be.  Any insight would be helpful.

825631270[/snapback]

Jose,

They are supposed to be the state placings for each wrestler but some of them are wrong (i.e. Nick having 3 first place finishes as opposed to his actual two). Not sure if this is a mistake in publishing by the NHSCA or a mistkaen in input by the registering wrestlers...

Rigger,

I was able to spend a little time with Justin Knox this weekend and watch hime wrestle a few very tough kids. He is a credit to the Farragut program and Tennessee wrestling. A great young man and a very good wrestler.

On the other hand..........

Is it a gift or do you spend a great deal of time thinking up dumb things to post? Most every wrestler in the USA is aware of the Senior Nationals Wrestling Tournament. I am fairly certain if they wanted to go they would register and go. They do not need a graphiti poster calling them out on a message board.

825631222[/snapback]

Bear,

My last post was taken off so I will reply in a polite way.

I think it is a valid post and wanted to hear from folks who know the sport on a National level.

I think it is a great experience that every senior who has earned the honor should go and represent his State. Our State did well last year and I had hoped our best would go and keep the tradition going. They do keep the scores by State and I think our best should be there to represent. IE Kenny at 189.

The Senior Nationals was my first experience seeing wrestling at that level. It was an eye opener. My oldest never took wrestling that seriously and always was at soccer or cross country camps during the summer.

So please stop the personal attacks and indulge my inexperience in this great sport on a national level. I'm trying to learn. My younger one loves this sport and I hope puts the time in to reach his goals.

I would rather have you stick to the topic and not try to insult me. You didn't answer the question on who has a chance to win or make All American.

As far as calling folks out, (I will leave that to you)that was not my intent. Those our just a few names I have watched over the years that I think are good wrestlers.

I have two relatives who have won State Championships. So I have a little knowledge of the sport. I've never followed it outside the State untill last year. So don't assume that everyone knows about the Nationals. I never knew about it untill one of our State Champs went to it a few years ago.

Good luck to your 152 this summer.

Edited by rigger101

Bear,

My last post was taken off so I will reply in a polite way.

I think it is a valid post and wanted to hear from folks who know the sport on a National level.

I think it is a great experience that every senior who has earned the honor should go and represent his State.  Our State did well last year and I had hoped our best would go and keep the tradition going.  They do keep the scores by State and I think our best should be there to represent. IE Kenny at 189. 

The Senior Nationals was my first experience seeing wrestling at that level.  It was an eye opener.  My oldest never took wrestling that seriously and always was at soccer or cross country camps during the summer.

So please stop the personal attacks and indulge my inexperience in this great sport on a national level.  I'm trying to learn.  My younger one loves this sport and I hope puts the time in to reach his goals.

I would rather have you stick to the topic and not try to insult me.  You didn't answer the question on who has a chance to win or make All American.

As far as calling folks out, (I will leave that to you)that was not my intent.  Those our just a few names I have watched over the years that I think are good  wrestlers.

I have two relatives who have won State Championships.  So I have a little knowledge of the sport.  I've never followed it outside the State untill last year.  So don't assume that everyone knows about the Nationals.  I never knew about it untill one of our State Champs went to it a few years ago.

Good luck to your 152 this summer.

825631759[/snapback]

I liked it much better, last night, when you attacked his sex life.....now that was funny! LOL :(

and the Steve Martin picture of his character in the movie the "Jerk"....priceless.

Edited by texas23

I liked it much better, last night, when you attacked his sex life.....now that was funny!  LOL :lol:

and the Steve Martin picture of his character in the movie the "Jerk"....priceless.

825631969[/snapback]

LOL :unsure: U made my day Tex! Just arrived at the Hotel after an 8 hr drive, now I can rest in peace. :)

I'm probably glad I didn't see your original response.

If calling your post dumb is a personal attack, then you've been personally attacked. I make no apologies. If you want to call my response dumb, then call it dumb. I'll take no offense.

As for an answer.

Meredith - I don't know why he didn't go.

The rest you mentioned - It's an expensive trip to go and wrestle 2 matches.

Potential AA's - Whit Dunning would be my first choice. Cody Cleveland would be my second choice but the 135 bracket is one of the toughest. Marable should be seeded which should get him a few wins but 160 is tough also. Coleman, Borneman and Knox could all win matches. A lot has to do with the draw. I thought Jordan could place last year but he had a great weekend and won the thing. You never know.

Lastly...It would be a lot easier to "indulge" your posts' if they were not littered with graphics, BOLD type and multi-colors. Most of us stopped reading comic books along time ago.

Edited by BayouBear

I'm probably glad I didn't see your original response.

If calling your post dumb is a personal attack, then you've been personally attacked. I make no apologies. If you want to call my response dumb, then call it dumb. I'll take no offense.

As for an answer.

Meredith - I don't know why he didn't go.

The rest you mentioned - It's an expensive trip to go and wrestle 2 matches.

Potential AA's - Whit Dunning would be my first choice. Cody Cleveland would be my second choice but the 135 bracket is one of the toughest. Marable should be seeded which should get him a few wins but 160 is tough also. Coleman, Borneman and Knox could all win matches. A lot has to do with the draw. I thought Jordan could place last year but he had a great weekend and won the thing. You never know.

Lastly...It would be a lot easier to "indulge" your posts' if they were not littered with graphics, BOLD type and multi-colors. Most of us stopped reading comic books along time ago.

825633067[/snapback]

Bear thanks for a response worth reading. It should be interesting to say the least and yes it is expensive. Sorry you don't like the graphics, BOLD type and multi-colors. I do so let’s just say we agree to disagree. I still sneak a look at a comic now and then. :ph34r: I know my post are not as interesting as your Beach Wrestling post but I post topics that I want info on our what I think is worth discussing. If I post something on certain wrestlers I try to use their school colors and nothing wrong on giving putting the main info in bold. Next year say howdy!

And just for Tex!jerk.jpg

Edited by rigger101