Ever had problems like these with a ref?

hattrik

I already typed this once, and it erased it all for somereason, so ill make this short.

Edited by CoachT:

It is the **** that is getting you. So would @&$*$&. It will get you every time. That really hurts after typing a long post.

Edited by coacht

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It sounds like from your post that the ref is out to get you guys. A ref shouldn't ref a game which involves his school where he is employed unless it is an emergency. I also must mention that your coaches are wrong if they intentionally coach you to stop a goal by a handball etc. Tactically, you go down a man and who knows? The keeper may save the goal or breakaway or pk. The player may choke and miss. To intentionally coach young players to commit what the law of soccer is serious foul play and a redcard offense, in my opinion is wrong. This is really stating to avoid an inevitable bad result--break the rules. If soccer and other sports teach that philosophy and it is true that participation in sports is to help build good moral character(as well as other traits including physical ones), then the lesson is being given--when facing a bad result break the rules. If you are going to flunk a test, then break the rules andcheat. If you are not getting enough back from tax returns, then break the rules and cheat by making up false deductions. I hope that referee wakes up or is reported enough times, that he will lose assignments- but consider the intentional foul play part. Pos do not intentionally get red cards to stop a goal that often. They are severely penalized off the field by their association for that. I hope you understand what I am saying. I hope your team will get great officiating and you will win more games this year.

I can understand that but that wasn't the point he made. He mentioned that he had been coached for years to do those things. It is unfortunate when it is a reaction. That is tough on a young player. Hopefully it didn't cost the team the game. It's hard to refer to the post now that it was edited.

I can understand that but that wasn't the point he made.  He mentioned that he had been coached for years to do those things.  It is unfortunate when it is a reaction.  That is tough on a young player.  Hopefully it didn't cost the team the game.  It's hard to refer to the post now that it was edited.

825631290[/snapback]

the ref was entirely out of his mind in the game Keeper of the goals is referring too-the player was a rookie ex football player who made a reflex move-yes he blocked a ball in the box-nobody has a problem with the hard red and having to leave the game-but that ref also awarded a point. there was NO pk that's what all the stink is about.

The ref gave a point to team???? NO Pk???  Good ole american basketball, you take someone out and they have to shoot foul shots.  Hard red is ok, but to award a point without a pk sounds like big ego with whistle.

825631518[/snapback]

more like big stupidity and a big problem

the ref was entirely out of his mind in the game Keeper of the goals is referring too-the player was a rookie ex football player who made a reflex move-yes he blocked a ball in the box-nobody has a problem with the hard red and having to leave the game-but that ref also awarded a point.  there was NO pk that's what all the stink is about.

825631374[/snapback]

I saw the same thing happen in a big tournament in Memphis. Apparently the official has the option to reward a goal. Doesn't happen often but the ruling is there.

I saw the same thing happen in a big tournament in Memphis. Apparently the official has the option to reward a goal. Doesn't happen often but the ruling is there.

825631880[/snapback]

do you happen to know where this ruling can be found? -because there are many people upset about this (including the head ref for the area) and we know of no such discretionary ruling allowed in any guidelines we ever seen- specifically high school soccer. was this at a travel team tournament or a high school tournament?