DearOldDad

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest catfish-hunter
What position is open at Huntingdon?

825631763[/snapback]

OC, which means that it might be possible that Huntingdon will NO LONGER run the wing-T thumb With Donald and Weathers back in the backfield and the way Crocker threw the ball in last year's state title game, I wouldn't be shocked to see Huntingdon abandon their old ways and become more of a spread it out and run type of offense (kinda like Utah last year and West Virginia for a few years now).

OC, which means that it might be possible that Huntingdon will NO LONGER run the wing-T thumb  With Donald and Weathers back in the backfield and the way Crocker threw the ball in last year's state title game, I wouldn't be shocked to see Huntingdon abandon their old ways and become more of a spread it out and run type of offense (kinda like Utah last year and West Virginia for a few years now).

825631827[/snapback]

I can gurantee you one thing in this life and that is Huntingdon will not abandon the wingt under any circumstances. When you think Milan you think "I", when you think Huntingdon its "WingT". Coach Mansfield directly correlates our success against Milan in recent years to our offenses scheme. The answer is for us to find someone familiar with our style of offense. Any coach's out there who runs the wing and would like to coach the two best backs in high school next year need to call Mike Mansfield at Huntingdon High School.

OC, which means that it might be possible that Huntingdon will NO LONGER run the wing-T thumb  With Donald and Weathers back in the backfield and the way Crocker threw the ball in last year's state title game, I wouldn't be shocked to see Huntingdon abandon their old ways and become more of a spread it out and run type of offense (kinda like Utah last year and West Virginia for a few years now).

825631827[/snapback]

I don't think the offense is the problem...It's the defense that needs work.....

Guest catfish-hunter

The defense was fine throughout the playoffs, but in the BlueCross Bowl they just fell to pieces. They had Alcoa in several situations where it was 3rd & 4th and long, but just weren't able to stop them. Like on the games first possession where Huntingdon had Alcoa in a 4th down situation and played zone. They allowed Warren to sneak to the back of the endzone and stand WIDE OPEN. You can't give quarterbacks wide open throwing lanes in the red zone.

Huntingdon also needs to find a kicker. Scott Hampton did a tremendous job contributing to the football program at Huntingdon, but I think it is safe to say that kicking is not something they'll remember him for in H-Town thumb

With Donald and Weathers both returning in the backfield it is safe to say that whatever Huntingdon does on offense they are gonna be successful. In the state title game, Crocker proved that he can throw the football if necessary. The next OC at Huntingdon is surely gonna be a guy who hits the jackpot with that type of returning talent. Believe it or not, Donald and Crocker will only be juniors this upcoming season.