Anything from Huntingdon

DearOldDad

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The defense was fine throughout the playoffs, but in the BlueCross Bowl they just fell to pieces.  They had Alcoa in several situations where it was 3rd & 4th and long, but just weren't able to stop them.  Like on the games first possession where Huntingdon had Alcoa in a 4th down situation and played zone.  They allowed Warren to sneak to the back of the endzone and stand WIDE OPEN.  You can't give quarterbacks wide open throwing lanes in the red zone. 

Huntingdon also needs to find a kicker.  Scott Hampton did a tremendous job contributing to the football program at Huntingdon, but I think it is safe to say that kicking is not something they'll remember him for in H-Town thumb 

With Donald and Weathers both returning in the backfield it is safe to say that whatever Huntingdon does on offense they are gonna be successful.  In the state title game, Crocker proved that he can throw the football if necessary.  The next OC at Huntingdon is surely gonna be a guy who hits the jackpot with that type of returning talent.  Believe it or not, Donald and Crocker will only be juniors this upcoming season.

825633661[/snapback]

With all jackpots you must pay taxes. These taxes might be pretty high. thumb

It's too quiet. Surely someone has some info on Huntingdon Mustang football at this point. I would expect that a new offensive coordinator would be announced soon, but I have no idea who they are considering. I believe that this is the time of year that coaches and teachers give their intentions for the next school year.

Has anyone heard anything?

where did the OC and line coach go??

825638939[/snapback]

OC took a head coaching job in Hickman Co. The O-line coach is going to land in Memphis somewhere. They're not easily replaceable but i'm sure we'll get some good ones. I hear that for us we're willing to offer big money. Coach Mansfield wants a coach that doesn't require him having to do anything. Thats what he said in the paper. :lol:

Edited by DearOldDad

The OC did get a head coaching job in Hickman County and he is actually 100% no questions asked gone, The O-Line coach is moving to Memphis because his wife got a job down there, but he will find out which school he will be coaching and teaching @ within the next couple of weeks.

Im a junior @ Htown so i hear all kinds of crazy stuff, but as for new coaches, Mansfield has supposingly began interviewing people for the openings, and if u all know Mansfield like everyone around here, he will fill the position if he has to do it himself.

For the line situation, we will have a farely young line, i believe 3 seniors, 2 juniors, and the rest r sophomores and freshmen. We wont be as big but we will have talent. I also agree with DearOlDad, We will keep the Wing T offense, its sort of like a tradition that seems to work.

The OC did get a head coaching job in Hickman County and he is actually 100% no questions asked gone, The O-Line coach is moving to Memphis because his wife got a job down there, but he will find out which school he will be coaching and teaching @ within the next couple of weeks. 

Im a junior @ Htown so i hear all kinds of crazy stuff, but as for new coaches, Mansfield has supposingly began interviewing people for the openings, and if u all know Mansfield like everyone around here, he will fill the position if he has to do it himself. 

For the line situation, we will have a farely young line, i believe 3 seniors, 2 juniors, and the rest r sophomores and freshmen. We wont be as big but we will have talent. I also agree with DearOlDad, We will keep the Wing T offense, its sort of like a tradition that seems to work.

825639915[/snapback]

well i hope u get the chance to go and pay alcoa back how do u think it will be with al of us in the same region and i hope yall take it to usj