What is up with Cookeville?

baseballer5-4-3

I was in Knoxville for business the other day, and i heard Cookeville was playing. I had watched one of their games last year and was impressed at their hustle, enthusiasm, and love for the game!! But the game i saw this year was the complete opposite!!! They got beat by a Karns team that did not match up anywhere near the Cavaliers! What happened??

Edited by baseballer5-4-3

It is a SHAME you would/could base an opinion like that based on seeing ONE game last year, and now only seeing ONE game this year. YOU NEED TO GET OUT AND SEE MORE GAMES, then your opinion would be more appreciated. They did have a tough outing, I do agree, but then again, YOU are not saying much for KARNS baseball program.

CKV has put a different line up on the field in just about every game they have played, and until they get solid in their line-up, I think they will have games like YOU saw, but by no means does that mean they do not have a LOVE for the game, or their HUSTLE is not there.

They had a GREAT season last yr, new coach brough alot of excitement to the program, kids played great and everything clicked. Now that the hits are not coming at the right times, HERE WE GO AGAIN with the negative posts. Need to Support the program you made a trip to see, not bash it.

It is a SHAME you would/could base an opinion like that based on seeing ONE game last year, and now only seeing ONE game this year. YOU NEED TO GET OUT AND SEE MORE GAMES, then your opinion would be more appreciated. They did have a tough outing, I do agree, but then again, YOU are not saying much for KARNS baseball program.

CKV has put a different line up on the field in just about every game they have played, and until they get solid in their line-up, I think they will have games like YOU saw, but by no means does that mean they do not have a LOVE for the game, or their HUSTLE is not there.

They had a GREAT season last yr, new coach brough alot of excitement to the program, kids played great and everything clicked. Now that the hits are not coming at the right times, HERE WE GO AGAIN with the negative posts.  Need to Support the program you made a trip to see, not bash it.

825632541[/snapback]

easy, easy...

Cookville does have a good team and they seem like they are pretty well coached. I dont like the coach too much, but i base that on the fact that we have played Cookville twice this year and both times he has been pretty much a jerk in the games. That's just my opinion though, but I do agree that cookville has a good team. Good luck to you fellas this season.

easy, easy...

Cookville does have a good team and they seem like they are pretty well coached. I dont like the coach too much, but i base that on the fact that we have played Cookville twice this year and both times he has been pretty much a jerk in the games. That's just my opinion though, but I do agree that cookville has a good team. Good luck to you fellas this season.

825632667[/snapback]

Because he is a jerk...on the field. Off the field he's a super guy. That's just part of his game.

Exactly, the NY Yankees can stink it up from time to time. And speaking as a parent of 2 teenagers....SOMETIMES you have to be a jerk to make them understand that you mean what you say. Cookeville's coach is good and now is the time to experiment with the line up. Parents do not like a 14-14 record, but if the 14 wins are in the district :blink: They will be there. All programs have good days and bad days...unfortunately.

Well said Slyder. Our kids have worked hard and play hard. We are making some mistakes that we didn't last year, but it's early. Things happen. Remember people, this is high school baseball, anything can happen and the kids aren't perfect. We'll be fine. The District race will be fun to watch. Good luck to all and Go Cavs!