IMAC Baseball

IMACJack

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jeff Co is putting up some very impressive offensive numbers.  This Friday's double header vs. Greenville could decide the conference champion.  What does everyone think about the games?  Who will each team throw?

825652019[/snapback]

Greeneville saved its best pitchers for Jeff County Friday. Venerable and Murner should be the starters but only Greenway knows? Also Venerable and Murner are two of the best outfielders/short stops combinations in the IMAC. But the best outfielder in the IMAC is Kent Basile from Morristown East. Basile made some incredible plays in center last night against us. The last play of the game was the best catch I have ever seen by anyone anywhere. He has speed , great glove, strong arm and is a big hitter for a sophmore. He also hit a line drive 375 off the center field fence for the go ahead run. The Scouts need to take a look at all three of these guys.

Jeff Co is putting up some very impressive offensive numbers.  This Friday's double header vs. Greenville could decide the conference champion.  What does everyone think about the games?  Who will each team throw?

825652019[/snapback]

Greeneville saved its best pitchers for Jeff County Friday. Venerable and Murner should be the starters but only Greenway knows? Also Venerable and Murner are two of the best outfielders/short stops combinations in the IMAC. But the best outfielder in the IMAC is Kent Basile from Morristown East. Basile made some incredible plays in center last night against us. The last play of the game was the best catch I have ever seen by anyone anywhere. He has speed , great glove, strong arm and is a big hitter for a sophmore. He also hit a line drive 375 off the center field fence for the go ahead run. The Scouts need to take a look at all three of these guys.

Greeneville saved its best pitchers for Jeff County Friday. Venerable and Murner should be the starters but only Greenway knows? Also Venerable and Murner are two of the best outfielders/short stops combinations in the IMAC. But the best outfielder in the IMAC  is Kent Basile from Morristown East. Basile made some incredible plays in center last night against us. The last play of the game was the best catch I have ever seen by anyone anywhere. He has speed , great glove, strong arm and is a big hitter for a sophmore. He also hit a line drive 375 off the center field fence for the go ahead run. The Scouts need to take a look at all three of these guys.

825652153[/snapback]

Agree with you on that one. Basile may be the best center fielder in high school and only a sophomore? Does he play football? Great speed for a big guy. That catch by Basile at the end of the game was incredible.

So what do the standings look like.  Best I can tell from multiple sources, Greeneville and JC have 2 losses, West has 3, East has 5?

And is the schedule roght?  Greeneville and JC play 2 on Friday, and then play a single at JC on Monday?

825652243[/snapback]

Ray,

If I'm not mistaken, the Monday JC v Greenville game is a make-up from a rainout earlier this season. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong.

Edited by HEATHHELTON

Ray,

If I'm not mistaken, the Monday JC v Greenville game is a make-up from a rainout earlier this season.  Someone please correct me if I'm wrong.

825652313[/snapback]

The Monday matchup wasoriginally scheduled. It is the Friday DH that is a make-up of an earlier rain-out.

Who did Greeneville lose its second conference game to?

Agree with you on that one. Basile may be the best center fielder in high school and only a sophomore? Does he play football? Great speed for a big guy. That catch by Basile at the end of the game was incredible.

825652201[/snapback]

Don't forget Dallas Crouch from Jeff. Basile has the best arm I have seen. He almost threw one of our players out from deep center on a one hop to the catcher.

Dallas has great speed too. As only a junior I expect great things out of him too.

Like Bowlin hopefully a few of these guys will go to UT or an SEC team in the future. The IMAC really is a strong district. Maybe the best in East Tennessee. Remember Jeff County beat South Doyle before you over react.

Johnny, you probably already know by now that Greeneville and East split yesterday.

Who is likely to pitch the DH on Friday for JC?  I have not seen who pitched for JC yesterday, but I know Chapman went Monday.

825652543[/snapback]

Ray, don't know who will go Friday. Definitely Story in one of them. Ausmus and Jenkins pitched the Cocke Co. shalackings. Talyor and Ty Malone pitched vs. Carter tonight. Pats are putting up some runs regardless of competition.