shelbyville super regional

Guest tigerlily

Thank you for the answer....

You guys that have been involved with AAU need to start a thread with the basics...this is my second year being involved...and I still don't know what's going on....I just know to show up where I'm told...There are so many new young people that join each year that I'm sure some of the "tricks of the trade" that ya'll know would be of a great help to them...and to me!

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

First I would like to congratulate the West Tennessee Tigers/Elite 13U team. These young ladies played with alot of heart and determination this weekend and despite having to deal with some very difficult obstacles they MANAGED TO COME OUT ON TOP. Also, congratulations to Shelbyville for qualifying for nationals as well.(good job Cenny and Hannah) :lol:

Now, I always wondered why I would come to this messageboard and see people making comments about playing or not playing in tournaments in Shelbyville. After the display this weekend in Super Regionals, I understand why. It makes me sick to my stomach when officials try to make it impossible for a group of young ladies to win a game. We had 3 or 4 of our players in foul trouble very early in the championship game with phantom fouls and Shelbyville was allowed to push off, set illegal picks, and go over the back without being penalized for it. The second half of the game the fouls were 10 to 2. Both teams were very physical but only one team was penalized. It amazes me that 4 fouls were called on Shelbyville in a matter of 30 seconds only because they needed to stop the clock to try to come back and win the game. We consider this to be a life lesson for the girls that everything in life is not always fair but you have to overcome those obstacles and move on. Thanks for the "life lesson", but we don't forsee coming back to Shelbyville anytime soon.

I was not at the game but saw how Shelbyville played all weekend up till the championship and when you play a soft man to man defense you don't get alot of fouls called on you. I saw the West TN Tigers play and they play really physical so I can see where alot of fouls were called on them. Shelbyville had their two best players foul out of the game and another kid with 4 fouls while Memphis only had 1 player foul out and she got her last foul cause of running mouth to the ref and she got a T.

Now for you saying your never coming back to Shelbyville to play? Are you planning on playing in the AAU State? The 13 under State tourney is played at Shelbyville and Motlow. Matter of Fact the 13 under state title game will be played at Shelbyville Central High School.

You won the game. Congrats you have a great team and your coaches do a outstanding job. They have put together a great team and I look for them to do really good at Nationals. Good Luck and See you back in Shelbyville in May.

CoachT...there was a NIKE Flight team....and a Shelbyville Sports Shop....

I just can't see the Sport Shop team beating the Wings.....the Flight team...yes...but not the SSS...

Which team was it?

825637050[/snapback]

Queen bee.....Do you know who won the Super Regional Tourney for the 16& under?

Your daughter plays on that team right?

I was not at the game but saw how Shelbyville played all weekend up till the championship and when you play a soft man to man defense you don't get alot of fouls called on you. I saw the West TN Tigers play and they play really physical so I can see where alot of fouls were called on them. Shelbyville had their two best players foul out of the game and another kid with 4 fouls while Memphis only had 1 player foul out and she got her last foul cause of running mouth to the ref and she got a T.

Now for you saying your never coming back to Shelbyville to play? Are you planning on playing in the AAU State? The 13 under State tourney is played at Shelbyville and Motlow. Matter of Fact the 13 under state title game will be played at Shelbyville Central High School.

You won the game. Congrats you have a great team and your coaches do a outstanding job. They have put together a great team and I look for them to do really good at Nationals. Good Luck and See you back in Shelbyville in May.

825637597[/snapback]

We'll be there with our 12's and 13's. Any results on the 12u's from this weekend?

:lol: Showtime7

I am the mother of the player who "ran her mouth at the ref and got a T" as you put it. First of all, my daughter did indeed get the "T" and I will not make excuses for that. She was wrong. However, I want to echo what was said regarding the "phantom calls" that were made throughout the entire game. The player who "ran her mouth at the ref" was not the player who actually fouled the SSS player. That was VERY obvious but doesn't matter at this point. Further, the player who "ran her mouth at the ref" was NOT talking to the ref when she made her comment. In fact, that particular ref spent more time worrying about what was being said in the stands than tending to the matter at hand...the basketball game that got COMPLETELY out of control.

Secondly, I'm wondering if the player who "ran her mouth at the ref and go a T" was targeted because she thankfully decided not to play for SSS again this year (What a disaster that was!). Also, I find it hard to believe that the same pathetic ref can call ALL FIVE fouls on this player who "ran her mouth at the ref and got a "T". Was that just a coincidence?

Finally, the West Tennessee Lady Tigers/Elite never have and never will back down to a challenge. It's funny that our game played out the way A TEAM PRIDE parent told it would. He said that the refs would control the game and that we would have to bring our "A" game to win on Shelbyville's floor. He was dead on except for the fact that we didn't play our a game. We played with heart and that won the game.

We welcome the opportunity to play SSS again. Somehow I feel the game will be different. The player who "ran her mouth at the ref and got a T" learned a VERY valuable lesson. Her coaches took care of that and then she had to answer to me. While I live to watch a competivie basketball game, no matter what the age, I hate to see a game's flow dictated by the incompetence of the officials. You're right, we WILL see you in May.

I said it before and will say it again I was not at the game. I felt like West TN Tigers was the best team in the 13 under tourney. #3 Lauren is the best player in the state of TN and maybe one of the tops in the country. From what I heard she put on a show in the finals. I can't wait to see the tape of the game to see her play. I was not downgrading the kid that got the T. I was just stating exactly what I heard. Good Luck in May and I will stick around and watch the game this time if SSS Nike plays West TN Tigers again.

I am glad that your happy with the West TN Tigers. Andre does a terrific job with these ladies. Good Luck to you and your daughter.

Edited by showtime7

WOW, fuss, fuss!!!Team Pride got the breaks in the first game they played on Sun Morning!!!! I guess they expect to get them all the time!!

This is crazy, they are three great teams in the Pride, SSS, and Lady Tigers!!! Enjoy the talent and the great games and leave all the other alone!!! I have always been taught not to ever blame the officiating on the refs!!! The kids play the game not the officials!!! The GREAT state of TN is among the BEST in girls basketball!!! BE THANKFUL!!!

WOW, fuss, fuss!!!Team Pride got the breaks in the first game they played on Sun Morning!!!! I guess they expect to get them all the time!!

This is crazy, they are three great teams in the Pride, SSS, and Lady Tigers!!! Enjoy the talent and the great games and leave all the other alone!!! I have always been taught not to ever blame the officiating on the refs!!! The kids play the game not the officials!!! The GREAT state of TN is among the BEST in girls basketball!!! BE THANKFUL!!!

825637718[/snapback]

The team should be thankful. Its hard not to be thankful when one of the ref's is the coach's cousin. Opp's did you know about that? And the other official is the coach's roomate. Now...How fair should the lady tigers feel about the ref's now?

This should have never been allowed to happen to them. I have no ties to either team but if impartial ref's cannot be found then the touny should be held somewhere else.

Team pride I am just sorry you could'nt overcome the same issues the tigers faced. If this is not fixed before the state tourny there will be serious backlash.

Good luck to all of the teams in the state.

By the way in watching the tourny I was impressed with #3 from the tigers attitude. She seems to worry more about her team winning than selfish glory. That is hard to find with a child that talented.