District 13AA Scores

cavcav

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i talked to a baseball parent from gibson co. earlier today and they have told me that there has been some very questionable calls in this tournament...for instance this man told me last night that one of gc's players was at bat and the ball hit the boy on the hand and the ball rolled out in front of home plate and they through em out at first...but the ump at first reversed the call b/c the batter was hit on the hands and the ump at home said if it hits his hand its fair play but none the less he got to take his base...has anyone else had questionable calls with the umps in this trny ?

anybody care to predict the winner of tonights games?

825667485[/snapback]

My Prediction--Westview will beat GC tonight, but only if their pitching can hold out and Obion County is looking for another win tonight. They have really played some solid baseball during this tournament. Good luck chargers!! Go Rebs!!

at the hill on friday night

gibson county 11

crockett co......4

crockett season ends

westview.......9

union city.......7

union city season ends

sat games

westview vs gibson co. ......4:30

obion co vs dyer co. ..........7:00

thumb  thumb

825667269[/snapback]

Westview beat Gibson County

Dyer County Beat OC

Last night we had a questionable call. OC through the ball home and the runner beat the tag, but never touched home plate. He was awarded the run but even after he got up he went straight to the dug out and never touched the plate. He was out.

The other night against Crockett one of our players was thrown out at second but he was near the end of his slide by the time the guy swiped him. Swiped him on the helmet when his 6'1 body was already on the base.

OCREB......I was there at the game last night, that would call where the man slid in at home plate and did not touch it really does not matter. Think about it, u take that run off and they still beat y'all 10-2. Y'all get on here and talk about how umpires are making bad calls, but apparently you forget that nobody is perfect. OC just did not want the WIN as bad as DC did. They came out last night and played like they want to make it to another STATE TOURNEY. Good luck to both teams!!!!

OCREB......I was there at the game last night, that would call where the man slid in at home plate and did not touch it really does not matter.  Think about it, u take that run off and they still beat y'all 10-2.  Y'all get on here and talk about how umpires are making bad calls, but apparently you forget that nobody is perfect.  OC just did not want the WIN as bad as DC did.  They came out last night and played like they want to make it to another STATE TOURNEY.  Good luck to both teams!!!!

825667938[/snapback]

I can assure you that OC wanted the win as bad as DC did.Dyer Co. hit all the gaps and holes and Cupples came back to pitch a solid game after a shaky first couple of innings.Just because a team gets beat by nine runs doesn't mean they didn't want to win.Obion Co. started the game on fire,they just couldn't put it all together.

OCREB......I was there at the game last night, that would call where the man slid in at home plate and did not touch it really does not matter.  Think about it, u take that run off and they still beat y'all 10-2.  Y'all get on here and talk about how umpires are making bad calls, but apparently you forget that nobody is perfect.  OC just did not want the WIN as bad as DC did.  They came out last night and played like they want to make it to another STATE TOURNEY.  Good luck to both teams!!!!

825667938[/snapback]

Actually I have a whole list of bad calls by the umpires but I didn't feel it was necessary to list them all. However, not once did I say that those calls made a difference, but if you want to point it out. If you have a team that does what they are suppose to and get two obvious bad calls in a row then that rattles a team. That is especially important when the umpire repeatedly calls a pitch that never crosses the plate a strike all night.....ummmm....yea that is enough to rattle a team's performance.

I don't think we should dwell on a few bad calls from the umpires. Yea sure they were unfortunate and I can appreciate you trying to justify our loss a little bit, but the fact of the matter is Dyer County just played better baseball than we did. I think that Dylan was on the top of his game and we didn't play as well as we had in the previous games. We knew going into that game that the two shutouts prior to that game meant nothing bc the task at hand was gonna be a hard one.Dyer county is a great team and they played like it. There's no call that could have been corrected that would have changed that. After the first inning or so DC had the momentum back in their favor and didnt let go. Right now we just need to focus all of our attention to Westview, bc right now its do or die, win or cry time. We should just look at this thing one game at a time.Good luck to everybody.

The other night against Crockett one of our players was thrown out at second but he was near the end of his slide by the time the guy swiped him. Swiped him on the helmet when his 6'1 body was already on the base.

825667918[/snapback]

Yep...he was safe all the way

:)

just goes to show you how important your regular season scheduling should be including tournaments! I hope your coaches understand now that your regular season record doesnt mean anything!  Tournament time is what it is all about-- the regular season should prepare you for it!! But when you play lake county , haywood  etc..  ---- its hard to get your team ready for the best!  So what happend at Chester County ---  Did Crocketts Coach get thrown out?

825666875[/snapback]

Yes the assst. coach did and the head coach talked on his cell phone for one ending. Makes you wonder why they even played. :)