Who has 8th Graders on the Varsity?

necvol

Both of these guys have both been held back.  Josh Liles is already 17 as a Sophomore.  So true 8th graders they were not.

825641142[/snapback]

How old do you have to be to be a "true 8th grader"? Clayton will not turn 16 until near the end of his freshman year. Are there rules on this stuff, or do you just make it up as you go along? ;)

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry my doubting Thomas's... but the three CAK kids are for real, granted i have only seen 2 under the radar gun, but they were both hitting 81-83... the Guinn kid is 6'3 210 and i didn't get to see him pitch... Its unfortunate CAK is moving up to double A or a championship could have been in their future... Not only can these boys throw hard, they can also rake at the plate... by the way the gun that was being used was a brand new JUGS

825641179[/snapback]

Sure you didn't get the generic brand from mexicanradarguns.com lol?? Cuz I hear those read about 10-15mph faster than it really is lol.....and if you did get the real brand then u need to send it back because somebody must have put that together drunk one day or something. No way three 8th graders from the same school break 80 consistently. Sorrie it just doesn't happen and if they do then major league scouts will be or actually already should be knockin down ur door. Mid 70's is bringin it for an eighth grader....well one that hasn't failed a couple times. My advice would be to invest in a new radar gun because the one you got just don't work.

Okay, lets clear up the CAK thing. I went back and checked the stat sheets from the beginning of the season with everyone's MPHs on it. In 5 throws, Guinn threw between 74-76. Kolinsky threw 78-81, Tarr threw 81-83. Sorry about the confusion but this is what the stat sheets read and they were read by a brand new JUGS radar gun.

they are all fine guns but you have to ask when you buy or use them whats actual speed on them...jugs always run 4-6 mph faster than actual...so be careful if someone is gunning and you just look and see what it says...honestly if an 8th grader is throwing in the mid 70s he is bringin it...but 80s thats even hard for me to believe and i been gunning for awhile..but any gun is fine just know its specs before you read it!

USJ has a very promising 8th grade pitcher/infielder that got his first win against Northside. Curious if other 8th Graders are contributors across the State.

825639583[/snapback]

Greenback has an awesome 8th grader on the middle school team that they should bring up to varsity.....Jake Rhynes.....One of the best up and coming infielders and hitters in 8th grade.

How old do you have to be to be a "true 8th grader"? Clayton will not turn 16 until near the end of his freshman year. Are there rules on this stuff, or do you just make it up as you go along?  :lol:

825641900[/snapback]

Actually, most students turn 16 during their sophomore year. If his birthday is near the end of his freshman year, he is "sophmore age", BUt the difference is just a few months and he would be "freshman age".

But you have kids in every class who might be 10 months or more older depending on their birthday. Someone who turns 16 in August and someone who turns 16 in May would be sophomore. He would either be a young sophomore or an old freshman.

Edited by jusdontno