Chattanoogan "Power Poll"

broadbat

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

yes he does... better than gossett for the free press... he gets out and covers all types of games. good job weston...

825640713[/snapback]

I actually think Ward gossett has done an excellent job this year! I'm always very quick to criticize, so I also want to be quick to give him a pat on the back. There have been many articles this year - allwell written!

I actually think Ward gossett has done an excellent job this year!  I'm always very quick to criticize, so I also want to be quick to give him a pat on the back.  There have been many articles this year - allwell written!

825640829[/snapback]

Gossett's the greatest. He knows more about baseball than most of us could ever hope to learn. He catches some heat sometimes because he doesn't cover my game or your game, but he can't be everywhere.

Sorry your little hide is chapped.  And hopefully Weston's feelings aren't hurt too.  I'll let you experts continue thinking that a team that can barely reach first base 3 times in 2 games is better than all these others.  And dont give me that "they had to face great Owl pitching" stuff.  A bunch of other teams have managed to score on almighty Ooltewah somehow.  You wanted my poll, here it is.

1. Ooltewah

2.  Walker Valley

3.  Baylor

4.  McCallie

5.  Soddy

6.  Hixson

7.  Marion

8.  Cleveland

9.  Grundy

10. Notre Dame

Not sure RB can make it back to the top 10.  Is Cofer even still playing after his outburst at Ooltewah?

825640534[/snapback]

this is a pretty good poll except that there is no way soddy daisy should be ahead of hixson, hixson beat already with 4 errors in one game, just think if there hadn't been any errors.

Gossett's the greatest.  He knows more about baseball than most of us could ever hope to learn.  He catches some heat sometimes because he doesn't cover my game or your game, but he can't be everywhere.

825640921[/snapback]

i just think he has picked some odd games to cover. walker valley v. central?

What happened with ReeceC  at the Ooltewah game? Did he lose his temper?

825641022[/snapback]

so he slammed his helmet in the dug out... and profanity? see that is just way out of control. someone might need to cool him off b/c like it was mentioned in another thread, you can be ejected for cussing. and i am sure reese doesn't want to sit two more games in addition to the one is ejected from.

ok, my bad...he, can anyone confirm the question about Cofer?

825640558[/snapback]

Bumper pulled Cofer out of the game. The reason Cofer didn't run out the strikeout was because he had a sprained achilles tendon that was wrapped from toe to shin and a groin pull. He also had strep throat. I'm not making excuses for him yelling back at his coach, I'm just saying that there were a lot more circumstances involved than anybody knows. I'm amazed at how everybody has been so quick to bash anyone who seems to do something out of line. I realize it's true that in order for one player to make himself look better it's easier to downgrade someone else, so in a way all this bashing doesn't surprise me(this comment is not directed at you, grad). Cofer and Bumper worked things out immediately after the game--Cofer went on his own to Bumper's house and stayed until almost midnight. The next day Cofer apologized to the team and has willingly accepted his punishment. He has also shown a lot of class by going to these three games and supporting his team from the sidelines. He's also taken all this bashing without responding, something a lot of the guys who post on this site would not have the class to do. Cofer made a mistake, he's learning from it, people need to get over it. Thanks, grad, for at least asking for the facts and not blindly bashing him. He has looked up to you for a long time.

Bumper pulled Cofer out of the game.  The reason Cofer didn't run out the strikeout was because he had a sprained achilles tendon that was wrapped from toe to shin and a groin pull. He also had strep throat. I'm not making excuses for him yelling back at his coach, I'm just saying that there were a lot more circumstances involved than anybody knows.  I'm amazed at how everybody has been so quick to bash anyone who seems to do something out of line. I realize it's true that in order for one player to make himself look better it's easier to downgrade someone else, so in a way all this bashing doesn't surprise me(this comment is not directed at you, grad).  Cofer and Bumper worked things out immediately after the game--Cofer went on his own to Bumper's house and stayed until almost midnight.  The next day  Cofer apologized to the team and has willingly accepted his punishment. He has also shown a lot of class by going to these three games and supporting his team from the sidelines.  He's also taken all this bashing without responding, something a lot of the guys who post on this site would not have the class to do.  Cofer made a mistake, he's learning from it, people need to get over it.  Thanks, grad, for at least asking for the facts and not blindly bashing him. He has looked up to you for a long time.

825644452[/snapback]

Thanks for letting everyone know the facts about what happened. If you've noticed I've taken up for him several times and when they get on here talking about the only reason Wamp covers them is because of his sister. I played against Reece for several years, and I know he's an excellent ball player and an even better person. I respect him on and off the field, and I only wish him the best. Sometimes in situations like he was in the other night, things happen and we do things we regret. But it happens to everyone. I'm just proud of him for taking the initiative and making it right. curtis and broadbat and hiway58 don't believe me, but I honestly do like Red Bank and hope they win every game they play except against Ooltewah B) ! I like and respect Cofer and Bumper! Ok, enough of that, I'll close the thread now...this doesn't need to be discussed anymore on the internet.

Edited by GradfromtheNest