TEMPLE

bigbody1220

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yeah hes a senior this year.  There are several schools that are showing interest. But 3 schools  in particular.

825657922[/snapback]

Thanks. I guess you're not wanting to say who the schools are. I understand that. I was impressed with him throwing the ball last season. Should be something with him throwing to Skogen again this year.

Good luck to you guys next season. Are you through with spring practice?

Thanks. I guess you're not wanting to say who the schools are.  I understand that. I was impressed with him throwing the ball last season. Should be something with him throwing to Skogen again this year.

Good luck to you guys next season. Are you through with spring practice?

825658396[/snapback]

No i dont mind... Kentucky, Vanderbilt, and East Carolina have shown somewhat of some interest, those are the 3. Yeah Seth would be a big target for anybody to throw to. Hes getting faster and already has tons of experience goin into his Jr. year. Expect a big year out of him. I think hes taking over Calebs spot. But Temple does have some other good recievers coming out with Dee Newson and Joey Skogen. Both players have explosive quickness. And I believe we are getting a transfer to play reciever also. But I think and have said before that this years group of recievers all around will be better than last years.

I believe our spring practice starts the second week of May. I think we are having our annual scrimmage w/ Howard the 4th day of our Spring Practice, but I believe were ending our Spring w/ Oakdale the 17th.\

PS. I didnt get to see Lee Sweeney play this past year but from what Ive heard hes a great QB. I think you saw him play bc yalls teams played. In your own opinion, How would you match up Smithson and Sweeney?? I mean I guess Sweeney has the edge, but you saw both play what do you think?

Edited by bigbody1220

I think Bigbody is right. Caleb was the best receiver I have ever seen in High School, but Temple had a tendency to lean on him a bit hard. already this year when the guys go out to throw it is obvious that there is better balance. Seth will be primary due to his size, speed and experience, but across the board the receivers are better. The biggest thing will by yards after the catch, some of these guys are very quick and can make you miss in the open field, which of course is what the spread is designed to do, get guys in the open field. We will see, the potential is there, but we all know what potential means...(you haven't done anything yet)

No i dont mind... Kentucky, Vanderbilt, and East Carolina have shown somewhat of some interest, those are the 3.  Yeah Seth would be a big target for anybody to throw to.  Hes getting faster and already has tons of experience goin into his Jr. year. Expect a big year out of him. I think hes taking over Calebs spot. But Temple does have some other good recievers coming out with Dee Newson and Joey Skogen. Both players have explosive quickness.  And I believe we are getting a transfer to play reciever also.  But I think and have said before that this years group of recievers all around will be better than last years.

I believe our spring practice starts the second week of May.  I think we are having our annual scrimmage w/ Howard the 4th day of our Spring Practice, but I believe were ending our Spring w/ Oakdale the 17th.\

PS.  I didnt get to see Lee Sweeney play this past year but from what Ive heard hes a great QB.  I think you saw him play bc yalls teams played.  In your own opinion, How would you match up Smithson and Sweeney?? I mean I guess Sweeney has the edge, but you saw both play what do you think?

825658489[/snapback]

I've been watching or playing just Class A ball (going back to when there were just three classes) for over 30 years, and I don't know that I've ever seen a better passer than Sweeney at this level. I'm not saying there hasn't been better, I'm just saying out of the ones I've seen. I can only think of a handful of QBs I could put up there with him. (We've had a couple of real good ones here). Now I'm talking about passing QBs. I've seen a lot of good runners at the position.

Danny McCoin of Livingston probably comes close as a passer. He played at University of Cincinnati under Watson Brown and received Heisman votes. Not many you can say that about. I haven't seen near enough of Smithson to make a call yet. He throws well, has the necessary size, and as you mentioned, will have some good targets this year. Keep the big guys off him next fall and y'all will do well.

I've been watching or playing just Class A ball (going back to when there were just three classes) for over 30 years, and I don't know that I've ever seen a better passer than Sweeney at this level. I'm not saying there hasn't been better, I'm just saying out of the ones I've seen. I can only think of a handful of QBs I could put up there with him. (We've had a couple of real good ones here). Now I'm talking about passing QBs. I've seen a lot of good runners at the position.

Danny McCoin of Livingston probably comes close as a passer. He played at University of Cincinnati under Watson Brown and received Heisman votes. Not many you can say that about. I haven't seen near enough of Smithson to make a call yet. He throws well, has the necessary size, and as you mentioned, will have some good targets this year. Keep the big guys off him next fall and y'all will do well.

825658960[/snapback]

Thanks. I wanted to see Sweeney play but they never played around the chatt. area last year. Good Luck to your team next year 2.

I think Temple will finish 2nd in the region this year.  They are not a bad team for a program that just started.  I couldn't pick them first in the region because I feel as though someone like South Pitt will not be down for long.  I would say these two and Whitwell will battle it out for the top spot.

825658904[/snapback]

Well I know why you would think that. We havent proved anything yet. South Pitt has a good team this year. Dont know much about Whitwell though. But I believe we'll def. be contending for the #1 spot this october.

Dawgwriter, where are you from?  I do appreciate your knowledge and the ability you have to state your opinion with class, something these boards need a lot more of.  I would love to know where you are from so as to ask you for your opinion on some other topics.  Thanks

825659308[/snapback]

Thank you. At this point, I'd like to just say I'm from the Upper Cumberland. That's pretty broad, but that's as specific as I'd like to get. Hope to hear from you.

Edited by Dawgwriter