TEMPLE

bigbody1220

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Will someone post the correct Temple Schedule with the Home/Away games marked?

825659322[/snapback]

Sequatchie, I couldnt do it , Ive tried at least 100 times. If you can do it here it is:

Week 1 Sequatchie County-Away

Week 2 Lookout Valley * - Home

Week 3 Unaka- Away

Week 4 Taft Youth Center- Home

Week 5 Silverdale*- Away

Week 6 Oakdale- Home

Week 7 Whitwell*- Away

Week 8 South Pittsburgh*-Away

Week 9 Copper Basin*-Home

Week 10 Grace Academy*-Home

Sequatchie, I couldnt do it , Ive tried at least 100 times. If you can do it here it is:

Week 1 Sequatchie County-Away

Week 2 Lookout Valley * - Home

Week 3 Unaka- Away

Week 4 Taft Youth Center- Home

Week 5 Silverdale*- Away

Week 6 Oakdale- Home

Week 7 Whitwell*- Away

Week 8 South Pittsburgh*-Away

Week 9 Copper Basin*-Home

Week 10 Grace Academy*-Home

825659546[/snapback]

I added the schedule. thumb

DW- when did you have the opportunity to see Smithson play? Will you get to see him this year?  He has some pretty big school interest and I would like to get your assessment on him, strengths and weaknesses.

825659314[/snapback]

I saw Temple and Smithson play once last year. The passing attack was almost flawless that night, with Skogens catching maybe every pass or all but one. Smithson had four scores, I believe. I do know the opposing secondary was a bit depleted that night, but it was still impressive.

I won't see a game this year--no doubt about that.

I double-checked my opinion with someone more knowledgable before responding (who's seen him play), and we had similar opinions. He's a very good QB, definitely capable of playing at the next level. It's always a big jump to go from single A to SEC, etc, but most of the ones who do that are in a situation similar to Smithson's. I-AA (OVC, Southern conference) wouldn't be a stretch at all, I don't believe. It's always very difficult for me to tell which level a player can go to, especially based on only one game. I don't believe there's any doubt he can play on Saturdays if he chooses to.

All this and 75 cents will buy you a cup of coffee in some places. Best of luck!!!

Will any of those home games have a chance of being played under lights, or will they be Saturday afternoon games again?

825659992[/snapback]

That remains to be seen. Grace does have some lights already, it will be a matter of getting more lights and then the poles. It could happen this summer, but it is not a done deal.

Dawgwriter thanks for your opinion and thinking it out. I agree it is hard to go from 1A to SEC. But dont let a class charecterize a player(not saying you did at all). Tim Couch was a 1A high school QB in a little town in Kentucky and went and played for UK. So its possible. Just my 2 cents.

Sequatchie sorry but the schedule I gave you have 1 error. Switch Oakdale to week 5 and Silverdale to week 6.

Dawgwriter thanks for  your opinion and thinking it out.  I agree it is hard to go from 1A to SEC.  But dont let a class charecterize a player(not saying you did at all).  Tim Couch was a 1A high school QB in a little town in Kentucky and went and played for UK.  So its possible. Just my 2 cents.

Sequatchie sorry but the schedule I gave you have 1 error.  Switch Oakdale to week 5 and Silverdale to week 6.

825660280[/snapback]

Definitely possible. Hope I didn't imply otherwise. It does happen, and perhaps it will here. A big senior year can change a lot of things! Good luck again.