Covington State Champs ?

chargerdog1

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It looks like we will go all they way we have the best team we have ever had. Should go undefeated. ANY THOUGHTS?

825643155[/snapback]

Going undefeated in baseball is almost impossible, if playing a competitive schedule. USJ is also perfect at this point but to think we will be able to beat everyone with our very tough schedule is being most optimistic. That being said, I do believe both Covington and USJ could be State Champions this year.

Edited by necvol

I think that Covington should go undefeated this year because they have the best line up 1-9 that I have seen. Mathis is a dominant pitcher that hits his spots. Burdette does not throw all that hard ,but he puts the ball where he want to like Tom Glavine. I think they have a chance to go undefeated because Milan has fallen off in the last couple of weeks. I just think that they should play a tougher schedule. They do not play houston or collerville and cbhs.

I think that Covington should go undefeated this year because they have the best line up 1-9 that I have seen.  Mathis is a dominant pitcher that hits his spots.  Burdette does not throw all that hard ,but he puts the ball where he want to like Tom Glavine.  I think they have a chance to go undefeated because Milan has fallen off in the last couple of weeks.  I just think that they should play a tougher schedule.  They do not play houston or collerville and cbhs.

825643785[/snapback]

Milan is 16-3..i mean if thats fallen off then i dunno whats good.. i see Covington having a hard time vs John White..does that name ring a bell? the one yall faced in the state championship game..well if yall can beat him around the field then hats off to yall..Good Luck to yall this year.. hope to see yall in tournament play!

How many of the Covington juniors or sophomores played on a travel team called the Covington "Mudcats"? I had the pleasure of umpiring a couple of their games in Cooperstown "Dreampark"...I also saw them play in a USSSA state tourney...this all happened when they were 12 years old...they should be 16/17 this year...anyone out there that can help me with this info, I would really appreciate it.

How many of the Covington juniors or sophomores played on a travel team called the Covington "Mudcats"?  I had the pleasure of umpiring a couple of their games in Cooperstown "Dreampark"...I also saw them play in a USSSA state tourney...this all happened when they were 12 years old...they should be 16/17 this year...anyone out there that can help me with this info, I would really appreciate it.

825644385[/snapback]

They have 5 Juniors that played for the Mudcats. One of the sophmores is at Brighton and the other is at USJ. They all pretty muched just stepped in and started playing Varsity as Freshmen

I haven't seen Covington play and no nothing about them, but here is my uninformed opinion. They were state runner up last year and apparently returned most of that team, so of course they have a shot at state championship. But far from a gimme, they will have to play well in May, one bad night could send you home.

Will they go undefeated, I do not think so. Don't even know their schedule, but out of 35-40 games, there will be that night out there somewhere when they don't get the bounces.

Covington definetly has a chance at winning state, but i see no hope of any AA team going undefeated this year, there is way to much talent and competition. They might have to get by Milan and the pitching of Jonathan White, who they couldn't score a run off of in the state championship game last year. A rematch between Covington and Milan would be Huge! Anything could happen though because anyone could have a bad game and anyone could have a breakout game. I look forward to the start of the postseason games. Good luck everyone.