Best High School Rivalry Game You Witnessed

mobry

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Scotty witt and the dragon wagon smashing o.r. in 1992.

825647253[/snapback]

Ollie just for the record the "dragon wagon" "smashed" Oak Ridge by a whopping score of 6 to 0. Oak Ridge caught a touchdown pass late in the game which was MISSCALLED out of bounds. {I was 10 feet from the play] It was a great game and the best team won.

I can say I enjoyed Clinton's 1992 season...arguably their best team evr and followed them every play-off game including the state championship game against Gallatin. Which I think Clinton was the better team. Personally I don't think the rode their horse 'whitt' enough that game.

Peace

I didn't witness a good game I was fortunate enough to play in one. It was in 99. The Moore County vs. Huntland rematch. Huntland had upset us in the second round in 98. They threw one heck of a celebration on our field, they tried to rip down the goal post. ( a major fight about started) :lol: . Our camera man filmed it all and for a year solid we watched that everyday. Finally the night came we were both fired up, the winner took the region crown. Fans arrived at the game two hours before kickoff. The spirit lines were from endzone to endzone. We had to break them off short so we wouldn't run into the fence. On the way to the field for the kickoff the ground was shaking were the fans where cheering so loud. It was awesome! At least 10 to 12 thousand where on hand. I have never saw that many fans a 1A football game. Everytime a big play happened fans went nuts! It was the funniest game I ever played in besides later that year against Bruceton in the semis. After the game we were greeted by Johnny Majors. Moore County won the game 25-16 and got revenge on Huntland's field. IT WAS FUN! I will never forget that game.

BiggieEarl you are a bald-faced liar!

825656929[/snapback]

Dude it really did happen, db is a class program that had our number duing the previous meetings and we we're relieved to beat them for the first time in several years. WE DANCE ON THE INDIAN LOGO AND CHANTED OUR VERSION OF THE DB VICTORY CHANT. HERE IT WENT:

WHO THAT SAY THEY GONNA BE BEAT DB? OR, OR.WHO THAT SAY THEY GONNA BE BEAT DB? OR, OR,ETC

Dude it really did happen, db is a class program that had our number duing the previous meetings and we we're relieved to beat them for the first time in several years. WE DANCE ON THE INDIAN LOGO AND CHANTED OUR VERSION OF THE DB VICTORY CHANT. HERE IT WENT:

WHO THAT SAY THEY GONNA BE BEAT DB? OR, OR.WHO THAT SAY THEY GONNA BE BEAT DB? OR, OR,ETC

825657039[/snapback]

Dude, you completely missed the point of the last few posts..... they were saying that it was classless to be bragging about jumping up and down on DB;s midfield logo, and now you've made it worse by talking about changing around their victory chant....... Oak Ridge as a program has a lot more class than to brag about stuff like that..... so since youve found it necessary to represnt them on this board you probably ought to start acting with the same amount of class.......

He's young and just don't know any better. Oak Ridge and Kingsport are both class acts and sometimes both of us have some youngsters that just get too moncho. Disrespecting anyones logo is nothing to brag about. We have had it happen to us and we don't like it either.

ROLL WILDCATS ROLL

ALL THE WAY TO THE BORO

825657620[/snapback]

Fans like yourself are one of the main reasons that I have so much respect for the Oak Ridge program....

I agree this game should be awesome, in fact its probably one of the few home games that I will catch this year.... but i will be sure to drive up from knoxville to see it...because theres nothing like DB vs. OR

825658629[/snapback]

DRDB and the rest of you DB Indians.

I want to apologize for my old teammate BiggieEarl01 and his comments. I played with BiggieEarl on the 2003 Wildcats. That was by far the toughest and most exciting game that I had played in (until the next weeks game against Riverdale). Your fans did not leave the game early, they actually clapped us up and congrats on us a great season. I myself had several DB fans come up to me and tell me "Go Win State and Represent what 5A football truly means." and we did not dance on your logo. We had enough class to go to the 30 yard line and celebrate. You have a class act program and no matter how much we hate each other on the field, we are both champions and friends in the end.

Go Indians!

Roll Wildcats Roll!

Edited by Oakridge