Best High School Rivalry Game You Witnessed

mobry

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dobyns-Bennett vs. Oak Ridge regular season game in 2003... It was the first time these two had faced each other in the regular season in a couple of years so the rivalry was huge.... OR went up by 21-0 early on, DB finally scored when the TE did a flip over an OR defender into the endzone, second half DB scored again, then OR answered with a touchdown to make it 28-14, Duran Ferguson passed it to Darrel Hayes who beat 3 defenders to the endzone. DB scored 2 more times, and then OR marched down to DB territory, Hayes made a great open-field tackle on corey booker (which, as anyone that played against him knows, is not easy to do) then the OR pass fell incomplete in the back of the endzone as time expired and DB fans rushed the field.......... the best rivalry game id ever seen

one of the most heated games in east tn is the battle of the bridge, Loudon vs lc i mean when those boys hit the field there thinking one thing " i hate them" and its always a good game no matter what cause neither team can be counted out till the finaly seconds. but sadly after these next 2 years LC will no longer play loudon. lc choose to end the games for now cause they r mad over the whole field thing. comeon lc get over ur self it happend dont get scared of loudon. and if u have any other excuse bout why yall r gonna stop playing us then please let me know.

OR vs DB in 3rd round 2003

1st half:DB scores on a field and a touchdown to lead 10-0. OR, after having 4 straight turnovers, cuts the lead 10-7 on a Gulmire run. after another OR turnover DB rb scores on a one handed reception . At halftime DB leads 17-7 forcing 5 turnovers from the wildcats.

2nd half:in the middle of the 3rd quarter at the DB 30, OR hands off to Cory Booker on a Power Sweep to the right. Two defenders are already in the backfield to bring CB (booker) down, he breaks their gang tackle and reverses his field all the way into the Endzone untouched for the TD 17-14. next after a db fumble, OR scores on a Mcmahon to Thompson pass putting OR finally in the lead 21-17. OR d lineman strips ball from ferguson, gulmire scoops it up and runs it back 20 yrs for another td making the score 28-17. Ferguson throws a int to grant henry and OR ends the comeback victory with Mcmahon connecting with James mitchell for a td.

By that time all the db fans had left their own stadium while us wildcats danced all over the mid field logo after the game.

Franklin - Brentwood 2002 Regular season game at Brentwood.  Great atmosphere, stands full as always, people 4 and 5 deep standing around the track, on the hill, at the concension stands - everywhere.

Comcast Sports South televising the game live, Wilco TV televising the game tape delayed, BHS TV televisong the game tape delayed, WAKM Radio broadcsting live.

Franklin ties the contest on 45 yard hail mary from Matt Solima to Joe Bell as the clock runs to :00.

Franklin blocks Brentwoods FG attempt in OT, the David Campbell from Franklin hits the game winner as the Franklin crowd floods the field.

Still hear Pat Sperduto saying "no one deserves to loose this game, great game, no one desrves to loose this game"

825653392[/snapback]

Ya know, I was bored and watched that game again over Spring Break. Still gives me chills to see that kick split the uprights. I'm glad we have it on tape because I don't remember much after the kick (I think I attacked a kicker's dad or something) until I got onto the field. What an awesome night that was.

By that time all the db fans had left their own stadium while us wildcats danced all over the mid field logo after the game.

825653946[/snapback]

The fans didnt leave they had all crowded into the hallway and out the back door to make a huge human tunnel for the team to walk through so they could all pat us on the back and tell us how great of a season it was... Coming up that stairwell leading to the hallway all you heard was applause and it was probably one of the best things ive ever experienced........Thats what makes DB football so great

"By that time all the db fans had left their own stadium while us wildcats danced all over the mid field logo after the game."

If you are actually proud of that and/or think that it's cool, I feel sorry for ya.

As DRDB just said no fans had left the stadium like you would hope to believe.

Edited by bud

"By that time all the db fans had left their own stadium while us wildcats danced all over the mid field logo after the game."

If you are actually proud of that and/or think that it's cool, I feel sorry for ya.

As DRDB just said no fans had left the stadium like you would hope to believe.

825654888[/snapback]

i agree thats juss uncalled for only teams w/ no pride. Lc did the same thing to loudons field in the 2001 battle of the bridge