Rockwood Lady Tigers

TigersBball42

I think enough has been said about this already. You think what you want about the way I feel about Goose, he is a personal family friend and knows how much we appreciate him. Thanks for the respect and hopefully this year we will make it past whomever is there to make it to the state tourney, where we should be.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not mad and I didn't take offense to anything, but when I get a week without rain and about 20-30 game are played I get a little bent out of shape from trying to catch up.

As far as respect goes, there isn't a poll out ther like football and basketball that can rank teams. Then it's hard to know much about other areas of the state so it's hard to get respect.

Rockwood has to be one of the best teams in East Tenn... ( my opinon ) According to one of the players... they have only lost one game and that was to Kingston... so i think the schedule on this website may be incorrect. And if I am not mistaking they are the #1 team in there district. Come on give these ladies some credit there working hard this year... if they keep playing like they do they might just end up at state... Good luck Lady Tigers

825645168[/snapback]

Looking at the fan poll I don't think anyone's overlooking them.

I've said all along that the Lady Tigers have the potential to get to Memphis. They, however, have to play hard every day. They played well yesterday against Coalfield, but still made some mistakes. The all freshmen outfield needs to be more aggressive and call off infielders on short fly balls. Also, there was two times yesterday that Rockwood had a runner on second with no outs and they didn't get the run home. Those little things will make a big difference in the district and region tournament.

The thing I like best about Rockwood is they can put together a big inning at any time. Their first six or seven batters have gap power and Candace Gallaher impresses me more every time I watch her.

825654253[/snapback]

I agree with you 100%. She may be a freshman and will make mistakes from time to time but I'm with you I enjoy watching her play. The select few parents in Rockwood need to get over the fact that there are freshman starting. The coaches are playing the best players, if you want to see your lovely daughter play some more then maybe you should sign her up for city league, this is High School Ball get OVER IT! Whoever the coach decides to play then it is his and hers decision to make keep your comments to yourself and let them coach and the best players play, continue to win, and hopefully take you to the "Ship"!

Goose do you need a little help? From what Ive saw Helton is the heart and soul of Rockwood. Goose give me a call...

825658118[/snapback]

As of 5:20pm this date Rockwood and Coalfield were playing in about 4 inches of mud to a tie. Ed Massengale will have an absolute fit when they are done with this field, win, loose or call it for rain, oops too late for that. :D

Goose do you need a little help? From what Ive saw Helton is the heart and soul of Rockwood. Goose give me a call...

825658118[/snapback]

I think what goose was saying is that the young players must step up. And yes two of the best players on this team are freshman. And L Smith is the heart of the lady Tigers......................

Another key to this rockwood team is their catcher, miranda mitchell. She has come through with some really big hits this year and is stopping everything coming back her way. She is also doing a much better job throwing runners out trying to take 2nd. This team is special and they are getting along and starting to gel better than ever right now at the right time.