Rockwood Lady Tigers

TigersBball42

Well, ladytiger fan, walks are earned, your pitcher pitched an ok game but let me tell you, when you have enough discipline not to swing at pitches that are close to the strike zone but not close enough. Also, we have our off days and our own mental blocks, but you guys need to get that taken care of before the game. And its not our fault you guys made errors, i made our only error and that gave you guys a run, so its not just that you guys made errors, i made the ONLY error how do you think wiley thought about that? well, about the whole respect thing if you hollar about it and then play not so well don't hollar respect respect!!!

825664499[/snapback]

Please stop talkin bout the whole respect thing, we earn respect and if we havent earned it yet then thats our fault, we need to show people how well we can play as a TEAM! In more then half the games we have played we have not played as a team! Some players care more about the game then others, and some players show the talent that they have, the others dont care that they have it and dont care if anyone else sees it! In other words, the dont care about the game! But the travelin team players that I have played with and still play with have HEART and they show it!!

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rockwood has to be one of the best teams in East Tenn... ( my opinon ) According to one of the players... they have only lost one game and that was to Kingston... so i think the schedule on this website may be incorrect. And if I am not mistaking they are the #1 team in there district. Come on give these ladies some credit there working hard this year... if they keep playing like they do they might just end up at state... Good luck Lady Tigers

825645168[/snapback]

:D It seems like the person that started this topic is not a player. I don't think a player has to be a travel ball player to play hard and work their tail off to become a better player. The one thing all player's have to do is leave petty issues at home take care of school, and play hard weather their pinch hitting or playing short stop this is were leadership comes into play If a senior has a bad additude they need to be benched just like a freshman. If they can't take it they need to be shown the road. Rockwood has a fine team now's not the time to fall apart you girls have worked to hard!

Hey BigCat1 I'm not the one on here running my mouth before the game about having the big bats show up and talking about big ol AA.And exactly what attitude did I have before football season, and hoiw exactly do you know I am a "he" ? Those comments were in response to previous posts. I had enough sense to wait until after the game to say anything. Those of you that say quit talking about respect, well take a look at the title of the thread, which no doubt was started by a parent, not a player. I have stated that Rockwood has solid team, and I am predicting that they will go to the state because they should have gone last year.The comment about the pictures was made because I know for a fact that several Rockwood parents have complained to Goose all year for not covering Rockwood enough and always having Kingston in there. I was just simply stating that I hope they enjoy the coverage. If you are going to run your mouth about being good, then back it up! If Rockwod wins one big game they act like they've won the state, but one loss and suddenly its the coaches fault for not playing younger players or not practicing enough or some silly excuse. As for all of our runs being on errors or walks, well your defense has to perform and it does takes discipline to not swing at bad pitches. In my opinion Megan Turner should have been pitching for you all anyway.

First of all this is softball not football, and they keep hollering about pictures in the paper and fuss that we are always in it,then don't complain that somebody said 'i hope goose took plenty of pictures!! RESPECT RESPECT RESPECT is all they are worried about they beat CAK and Alcoa and think they world owes them everything! Get off the respect kick and play ball, open your eyes and play ball like you guys are capable of doing and don't hollar respect till you've earned it! when you beat teams and keep the big head you will lose games so just get over it. This is my 2nd year on the Lady Jackets and have 2 more to go and don't want to hear for the next 2 years about the Lady Tigers wanting respect. Just play the game and have fun doing so.

And as for you BigCat1 if you are so worried about LAST football season you have some serious problems, quit looking back into the past and watch this season, because softball and football are TWO TOTALLY DIFFERENT SPORTS, (IF YOU HAVEN'T NOTICED) and you don't know what's going to happen this year.

This has gone a little to far. Let's just hope both Kingston and Rockwood make it to Memphis. If they do, we can all go to Beale Street and take bunches of pictures.

I'm just glad that Roane County has five good teams that are all capable of making a good run in the postseason. Many places would love to have this many good teams to root for.

Rockwood would be good if they could hit the ball they are weak hitters!!!!!

825665162[/snapback]

Apperently you haven't been watching the right team, or caught us on a bad day!! We have very good hitters..We have some weak hitters but all in all were good hitters!! And as for respect, WE COULD GIVE TWO CRAPS ABOUT RESPECT FROM ANYBODY!! Thier is no one on the Rockwood team that has shouted we want respect..WE COULD CARE LESS..So shut up about the stupid respect crap..ITS GETTING OLD!!

This has gone a little to far. Let's just hope both Kingston and Rockwood make it to Memphis. If they do, we can all go to Beale Street and take bunches of pictures.

I'm just glad that Roane County has five good teams that are all capable of making a good run in the postseason. Many places would love to have this many good teams to root for.

825665115[/snapback]

:lol: Amen brother Goose their both good teams that have clinched their districts. congrads to Rockwood and kingston. Now take care of next week.

Typical Kingston attitude of superiority.

Rockwood has a good softball team and deserves respect, but who cares what the Kingston (Roane County News my _ _ _) News publishes. That Newspaper only cares about what goes on in Kingston Sports No. 1 and Midway No. 2, its a local Kingston mouth piece and not a true County Newspaper! Those are facts period.

sbgirl1607 poor ole Kinston will lose to lowly Rockwood again in football this fall.

Kingston's superiority attitude would be sad if it wasn't laughable. Seen any wiffle bats lately.

Edited by BigCat1

Here are some facts you might want to consider from this school year:

I went to seven Rockwood football games and five Kingston games.

I went to 17 Rockwood basketball games and 14 Kingston games.

I've gone to seven Rockwood baseball games and six Kingston games.

I've gone to nine Kingston softball games and seven Rockwood games.

Ever since I've got to the Roane County News I've heard that Kingston gets all the coverage and I actually see OS, Rockwood and Harriman all three more than I do Kingston over the course of a year. This week alone I was at Wartburg at Rockwood on Saturday, Rockwood at Kingston (softball) on Monday, Kingston at OS (baseball) on Monday, Harriman at Wartburg (baseball and softball) on Tuesday, Rockwood at Harriman (baseball) today. Tomorrow will be LC at Kingston in baseball, Friday will be Greenback at OS in softball, and Saturday will be OS-LC in the baseball district tournament. How is this Kingston bias?